[comp.sys.amiga] a2090 and software questions

jojo@astroatc.UUCP (Jon Wesener) (03/01/88)

	I'll be getting the a2090 hard disk controller, RSN and I need to
know if it comes with the necessary software to do low-level formats and
partitioning.  Is it supplied with the controller or is it supplied with
the Workbench?  This is the last of the info I need before I can get my
hard disk, so anyone, PLEASE help!

Thanx in advance!
--j
--
jon wesener
... {seismo | harvard | ihnp4} ! {uwvax | cs.wisc.edu} ! astroatc!jojo

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (03/02/88)

In article <876@astroatc.UUCP> jojo@astroatc.UUCP (Jon Wesener) writes:

>	I'll be getting the a2090 hard disk controller, RSN and I need to
>know if it comes with the necessary software to do low-level formats and
>partitioning.  Is it supplied with the controller or is it supplied with
>the Workbench?  This is the last of the info I need before I can get my
>hard disk, so anyone, PLEASE help!

  The Amiga does not use a low level format (like MS-DOS). All the needed
  utilities (?) are included on a disk along with the special HD driver
  software that comes FREE with every 2090 we sell. Not to mention the
  manual with all the information you need to get your HD up and running.

--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!schein@uunet.uu.net

cs178abu@sdcc8.ucsd.EDU (John Schultz) (03/03/88)

  CATS, what's the deal with the 2090/A?  I ordered one direct from
Commodore, and they called me back stating "Oh, we don't show a
listing for a 2090*A*, so it probably doesn't exist.  What do you
want us to do?"  Well, I told her (them) to not to ship me a 2090,
but wait until the "A" was available, and send that.  That was in
December!  At the LA AmiExpo, I spoke to the head of customer
support (Large, jolly fellow, forgot his name, though), he "could
neither confirm nor deny the existance of the 2090A"...
  So:

  1.  What's the deal with the 2090A? (I have been informed that
      2090's are NLA)

  2.  Is there an alternate board available from *any* manufacturer?
      (As in "right now", "as we speak"?)

  Hey, thanks alot,

  John