[comp.sys.amiga] Vt100 v2.8 problems

DMasterson@cup.portal.com (03/02/88)

I have just begun using the new Vt100 program (v2.8) and have found what I
think is a bug.  V2.6 allowed me to use the backspace as a backspace key
and the delete key as a delete key.  V2.8 has reversed them (I'm still
testing this, but I think that's what's happening).  Where VI used to
recognize the backspace key as a "delete previous character", it now seems
to recognize it as "^?" (usually that means a DEL key).  Is anyone else
having this problem??

David Masterson
DMasterson@cup.portal.com

<this space for rent>

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (03/03/88)

In article <3618@cup.portal.com>, DMasterson@cup.portal.com writes:
> I have just begun using the new Vt100 program (v2.8) and have found what I
> think is a bug.  V2.6 allowed me to use the backspace as a backspace key
> and the delete key as a delete key.  V2.8 has reversed them (I'm still
> testing this, but I think that's what's happening).

Have you tried using the BS<->DEL option?  It's available in the Utilities
menu, as well as from a script command (see the vt100.doc file).

If you *have* tried this, and it isn't working, please send me or Tony
(acs@amdahl.amdahl.com) email.

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim

ain@s.cc.purdue.edu (Patrick White) (03/04/88)

In article <3618@cup.portal.com> DMasterson@cup.portal.com writes:
>I have just begun using the new Vt100 program (v2.8) and have found what I
>think is a bug.  V2.6 allowed me to use the backspace as a backspace key
>and the delete key as a delete key.  V2.8 has reversed them

   I switched to 2.8 the other night, and remember something in the docs
about switching BS/DEL and that it was a settable option.. I made my  own
init file and have had no problems with respect to 2.6.  I seem to recall
that the supplied init file contained a line to make the switch happen.
   You might want to check that.

-- Pat White
UUCP: k.cc.purdue.edu!ain  BITNET: PATWHITE@PURCCVM   PHONE: (317) 743-8421
U.S.  Mail:  320 Brown St. apt. 406,    West Lafayette, IN 47906

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (03/06/88)

In article <3618@cup.portal.com> DMasterson@cup.portal.com writes:
>I have just begun using the new Vt100 program (v2.8) and have found what I
>think is a bug.  V2.6 allowed me to use the backspace as a backspace key
>and the delete key as a delete key.  V2.8 has reversed them (I'm still
>testing this, but I think that's what's happening).  Where VI used to
>recognize the backspace key as a "delete previous character", it now seems
>to recognize it as "^?" (usually that means a DEL key).  Is anyone else
>having this problem??

Works fine for me...

--
***  Sean Casey               sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
***  The Empire Maniac        {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean

DMasterson@cup.portal.com (03/07/88)

To all those that answered the question on BS<->DEL in VT100.

I found the SWAP command.  Serves me write for getting used to the "old
way".  I had my Vt100.init set up about a year ago (it even had a SWAP
command in it) and just ignored it when this popped up.  I've reset the
SWAP command, so now I'm happy again.

Thanx to all.

David Masterson
DMasterson@cup.portal.com