[comp.sys.amiga] Nec Multi-sync and A2000

fredc@petsd.UUCP (Fred Cassirer) (03/02/88)

I know this has been asked before, but does anyone know the pinout for
a Nec Multi-sync II ==> A2000?

Also, how could I hook up a 1084 to an IBM AT that once had a Nec Multi-sync?

Thanx in advance,

        Fred Cassirer

farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) (03/07/88)

In article <1203@petsd.UUCP> fredc@petsd.UUCP (Fred Cassirer) writes:
>Also, how could I hook up a 1084 to an IBM AT that once had a Nec Multi-sync?

What do you want to do?  If the IBM AT had a multi-sync, it would imply
that it also had EGA, and EGA will NOT work with the 1084.  No way.  Only
CGA would work.  Also, you'd have to whip up a little digital-to-analog
converter board for the IBM (not a big deal, but you DO have to do it.)
Basically, probably not a real nifty idea.  Sell the 1084 and get another
multi-sync for the AT.

--
Michael J. Farren             | "INVESTIGATE your point of view, don't just
{ucbvax, uunet, hoptoad}!     | dogmatize it!  Reflect on it and re-evaluate

cs178abu@sdcc8.ucsd.EDU (John Schultz) (03/07/88)

>I know this has been asked before, but does anyone know the pinout for
>a Nec Multi-sync II ==> A2000?

  Hook up the R,G,B and grounds (intuitive).  Sync on composite sync
(pin 4 to pin 10).

  John