[comp.sys.amiga] Audio filter in the 1000

steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) (03/01/88)

Is it possible to remove the filter in the 1000 without seriously
messing with electronics? Im intrested in removing it for some
digital sampling, mainly drums and such. (WHY OH WHY couldn't CBM
have had the foresight to make it software switchable on the 1000??)

   UUCP:  ....!crash!pro-charlotte!steelie    | Pro-Charlotte - (704) 567-0029
   ARPA:  crash!pro-charlotte!steelie@nosc.mil| 300/1200/2400 baud  24 hrs/day
   INET:  steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com       | Log in as "register"

jonesjg@xyzzy.UUCP (Greg Jones) (03/07/88)

In article <2604@crash.cts.com> steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) writes:
>Is it possible to remove the filter in the 1000 without seriously
>messing with electronics? Im intrested in removing it for some
>digital sampling, mainly drums and such. (WHY OH WHY couldn't CBM
>have had the foresight to make it software switchable on the 1000??)

Well I can't say anything about the integrity of the circuit but for those
interested I thought I would pass this on ...

	In the lastest Amazing Computing (Vol 3 Number 3) (Just came in
yesterday) there is a little circuit by Richard Rae that allows the Amiga 1000
to be modified in a manner that allows software to control turning on and off
the audio filter.  I would like to upgrade my 1000 with this little circuit
but I doubt it will happen anytime real soon.  I would be interested in
hearing anyones experience that has given it a try.  It doesn't _LOOK_
to complicated, and _APPEARS_ to better thought out than some of the other
hardware hacks I've seen.

--
				Greg Jones
				Data General, RTP, NC