[comp.sys.amiga] Lock list corrupted. Ok?

mike@ronin.cc.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) (03/07/88)

Yesterday, I was using Microsoft Word (v 4) on the BridgeBoard side of
my Amiga 2000.  I was editing an article for our user group newsletter
when suddenly I got an Amiga requester saying:

	Lock list corrupted.  Ok?

It was not OK but I clicked it anyway and the machine locked up.  I did
a warm reboot and when I typed in a window, none of the keys worked
except return.  I did a cold restart and then everything was fine.

Can someone tell me what's going on here?  Do I have a serious problem
on my hands?

 In Real Life:	Michael Nowak                       "Seek truth from facts."
 Via Internet:	mike@ronin.cc.umich.edu                  - Deng Xiao Ping
 Via UUCP:	uunet!umix!ronin.cc.umich.edu!mike

 Working for but in no way representing the University of Michigan.

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (03/11/88)

In article <441@mailrus.cc.umich.edu> mike@ronin.cc.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) writes:
>Yesterday, I was using Microsoft Word (v 4) on the BridgeBoard side of
>my Amiga 2000.  I was editing an article for our user group newsletter
>when suddenly I got an Amiga requester saying:
>
>	Lock list corrupted.  Ok?
>
>It was not OK but I clicked it anyway and the machine locked up.  I did
>a warm reboot and when I typed in a window, none of the keys worked
>except return.  I did a cold restart and then everything was fine.
>
>Can someone tell me what's going on here?  Do I have a serious problem
>on my hands?

  I had this exact same thing happen one time. I was running MicroSoft
  windows and somehow received the same requestor. I have never seen that
  message before or since that time, and I have not been able to ever
  reproduce it. (I sure have tried :-)

  So I can't really say what's going on there (or here :-) because I could
  never reproduce the problem. I can say that I do not think its a serious
  problem. Everything is still working the same as it did before this message,
  and since I only saw that message one time - im not worried about it.

  I think it may have been caused by the stage of the moon, or as a result of
  that taco I ate, or, or, or..........

--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!schein@uunet.uu.net