[comp.sys.amiga] DRAM FOR SALE

misha@nsc.nsc.com (Michael Umansky) (03/04/88)

Posting for a friend:

	My friend has lots of DRAM for sale.

	Couple of hundred of HM50256-15 DRAMS
		These are Hitachi 256K x 1 150 ns CAS before RAS Drams
		Standard for ATs and Turbo XTs with 640k on board
		Also several dozen TMS 4256-15 - Texas Instruments 256Kx1 150ns
	He wants $6 a piece in multiples of 9

	Several hundred of xx64-15 DRAMS
		64K x 1 150ns standard Drams
	These will go for $2.50 a piece in multiples of 9

	Reply to me if interested

--
		NAME:   Michael Umansky (misha)
		E-MAIL:
			 	sun! ----\
				hplabs! --\
				pyramid! --+----> nsc!misha
				decwrl! --/
				amdahl! -/
		WORK:
			National Semiconductor Corporation
			1135 Kern Avenue,  Mail Stop - 7C266
			Sunnyvale, CA  94086
			(408) 721-8109 (work)
		HOME:
			4331 Lincoln Way
			San Francisco, CA  94122
			(415) 564-3921 (home)

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (03/05/88)

[ "The best government, is no government at all." ]

Just an FYI for all you who are hungry for 1-Meg DRAM's ...

I was at Fry's (a local electronics "supermarket") the other day, and
happened to notice that 100ns. NEC 1 M-bit DRAM's were up to $35 each!!!
They were at $32 just a couple weeks ago.

I got some of these for $21 back in mid-December (yes, it was a special
deal through a distributor friend) when Fry's had them for $24.

Their 120ns Hitachi's are a buck less (and were in December, too).

Any bets on where they'll top out?

Many thanks to *everyone* in the Federal Government who made this fiasco
possible!

/kim

[  Any thoughts or opinions which may or may not have been expressed  ]
[  herein are my own.  They are not necessarily those of my employer. ]

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim

morgan@brambo.UUCP (Morgan W. Jones) (03/10/88)

In article <23733@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>[ "The best government, is no government at all." ]
>happened to notice that 100ns. NEC 1 M-bit DRAM's were up to $35 each!!!
>I got some of these for $21 back in mid-December (yes, it was a special
>Many thanks to *everyone* in the Federal Government who made this fiasco
>possible!

I'm sure that you'd have been just thrilled when the Japanese dumping
forced the American's out of the business so that the Japanese had
a monopoly.  Then you'd see what high prices are.

--
Morgan Jones - Bramalea Software Inc.        morgan@brambo.UUCP
      ...!{uunet!mnetor!lsuc!ncrcan, utgpu!telly}!brambo!morgan

In article <332@brambo.UUCP> morgan@brambo.UUCP (Morgan W. Jones) writes:
>I'm sure that you'd have been just thrilled when the Japanese dumping
>forced the American's out of the business so that the Japanese had
>a monopoly.  Then you'd see what high prices are.

While I realize this doesn't have much to do with comp.sys.amiga, except
when expanding one. I must add to Mr. Jones statement to say that even
if all the American DRAM manufacturers went out of the *DRAM* business
(they would still be in the chip business) the Japanese would have to
compete with themselves (Toshiba, NEC, and Matsushita are not great
friends) and the Koreans (Samsung, Hyundai, et al). No, I don't think
they would have a monopoly.

--Chuck McManis