[comp.sys.amiga] Color ink jet printers

In article <3450@cbmvax.UUCP> daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) writes:
>In article <2802@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>>
>>Both are very good.  Red is a color unobtaible by both. The Xerox has
>>a cyan cast to it's red, and the HP has an orange-red red.
>
>	However, The HP_PaintJet's BLUE is the bluest blue I've ever seen
>for an ink-jet printer.  As you probably know there is a trade off in
>getting the colors 'correct' since inks have to be in the YMCB form
>and monitors are in the RGB form.  I think that HP did a good job,
>their red seems pretty good to me.

The red is 'good' but not 'real good'.

The Tektronix 4692 has the most accuate colors I've ever seen on an
ink jet printer.

I'd sure like to be able to use those inks in a different printer
(I have the canon) but trying to get the exact ink chemistry (alcohol
vs. water based) is tough, and then refilling the cartridges. Right.

--
                      "...(alright Nils, alright)..."
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM