[comp.sys.amiga] ARP v1.1 developer files

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (03/16/88)

[ "Send lawyers, guns, and money ..." ]

Contrary to my previous posting of a day or so ago, I have found the ARP
v1.1 developer files (includes, bindings, examples, docs, etc.), and will
be shipping them off to the moderators at purdue ASAP.

I already sent a notice to them asking them NOT to post the v1.04 developer
files, so hopefully only the v1.1 version will be distributed.  The v1.1
user docs, and ARP commands have already been sent to them by someone else,
so they should be appearing soon, too.

Question for the moderators at purdue ... with something like ARP, or an
update to an existing "established" program, like "dme" or "vt100", etc.,
why not reduce your overhead and simple check for file integrity of the
shar/arc/uuencode/etc?  Seems that would reduce the turnaround time, as well
as reducing your workload, without loosing much in the way of real testing
(since these kind of programs are usually fairly well tested before they are
sent to you).

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim

ain@s.cc.purdue.edu (Patrick White) (03/17/88)

In article <24762@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>Question for the moderators at purdue ... with something like ARP, or an
>update to an existing "established" program, like "dme" or "vt100", etc.,
>why not reduce your overhead and simple check for file integrity of the
>shar/arc/uuencode/etc?  Seems that would reduce the turnaround time, as well

   Currently, the main bottleneck is posting -- we are limited to 100K a
day so we don't overflow spoolers, etc.  At that rate, it is fairly easy
for the three (four if we count Rob) to test everything before it needs to
be posted (ie, testing isn't delaying *anything* right now).
   Also, judging from the number of bug fixes I receive between the time
something is submitted and the time we post it, I'm not sure decreasing the
turn around time is necessarily a good idea (well.. that's just *my*
opinion anyway).

   Ok.. now you've heard from me..

-- Pat White   (co-moderator comp.sources/binaries.amiga)
UUCP: k.cc.purdue.edu!ain  BITNET: PATWHITE@PURCCVM   PHONE: (317) 743-8421
U.S.  Mail:  320 Brown St. apt. 406,    West Lafayette, IN 47906