[comp.sys.amiga] Visual Aurals Animation System

BLANK@BRANDEIS.BITNET (David N. Blank * BLANK@BRANDEIS.bitnet) (03/14/88)

thomson@cs.utah.edu.UUCP (Richard A Thomson) writes:

  >I recently saw a review in AmigaWorld for this thingy called Visual Aurals,
  >which is a little hardware thingy that creates all these neato visual
                                                          ^^^^^
Neato is probably the best word for them, they can be pretty incredible.

  >patterns based on an input from a built-in microphone or a phono jack input.
  >Sort of like a sophisticated ``color-organ''.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
The amount of options this program has gives new meaning to the word.

  >Does anybody have one of these?  If so, how much did you pay for it and where
  >did you order it from?  The price quoted in AmigaWorld was $169.

I own the Visual Aurals Animation System.  I purchased it directly from
the company via mail-order (Visual Aurals) and paid $173 for the product &
2-day UPS shipping.  I am very pleased with the package.  I can offer more
details if anyone is interested, or I refer you to the brief description
of the product by John Foust in the latest Amazing Computing.  I have submitted
a review for the product which I belive will be published in the next issue.

            Peace,
             David N. Blank (BLANK@BRANDEIS.bitnet || DNB@BRANDEIS.csnet)

I take no responsibility for the contents of this disclaimer.

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (03/15/88)

In article <8803140411.AA06910@jade.berkeley.edu>, BLANK@BRANDEIS.BITNET (David N. Blank * BLANK@BRANDEIS.bitnet) writes:
> thomson@cs.utah.edu.UUCP (Richard A Thomson) writes:
>   >I recently saw a review in AmigaWorld for this thingy called Visual Aurals,
>   >which is a little hardware thingy that creates all these neato visual
>                                                           ^^^^^
> Neato is probably the best word for them, they can be pretty incredible.

> I own the Visual Aurals Animation System.

Ok, I`ll byte.  (err... that's bite...)  What do you _do_ with it?

--
------------
Eric Kennedy

fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) (03/18/88)

In article <7748@cisunx.UUCP>, ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:
> Ok, I`ll byte.  (err... that's bite...)  What do you _do_ with it?

I guess you just watch it, sort of like an electronic Lava Lamp.

--Fabbian Dufoe
  350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South
  St. Petersburg, Florida  33705
  813-823-2350

UUCP: ...gatech!codas!usfvax2!jc3b21!fgd3