[comp.sys.amiga] I'd like info re: adding a handler to the input device

joe@uw-warp.UUCP (Joe E. Meadows) (03/16/88)

As the subject says - I'd like info on how to add an input handler..
I will be using Lattice V4.0, and I probably could figure it out from
the popcli III program, just thought I'd make a general inquiry though.

What I'd like to do is set things up so that if I hold a shift key while
pressing a mouse button then only one part of the mouse event should trigger.
I.E. instead of getting mouse down/mouse up, the first time I would get
a mouse down, then the second time I did this I would get a mouse up.

My main use of this would be for selecting items in menus.. I hate
holding the mouse button down continuously, and would prefer to use
to clicks of the mouse.

If anyone already has such a beasty, or something close to it, I'd love
a copy. Otherwise, if anyone else is interested perhaps I'll actually
write it and post it.

Thanks for any info -
Joe Meadows	joe@fhcrcvax.bitnet
	or	uw-beaver!uw-nsr!uw-warp!joe	(is that how you say it?)

peter@nuchat.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (03/18/88)

In article <291@uw-warp.UUCP>, joe@uw-warp.UUCP (Joe E. Meadows) writes:
> What I'd like to do is set things up so that if I hold a shift key while
> pressing a mouse button then only one part of the mouse event should trigger.
> I.E. instead of getting mouse down/mouse up, the first time I would get
> a mouse down, then the second time I did this I would get a mouse up.

Don't use the shift key. There is already a standard for the use of the shift
key with the mouse button, You could use Ctrl, ALT or Amiga instead. I would
suggest ALT, since there's a PD program out there already that uses Amiga
and there's only one Ctrl key.
--
-- a clone of Peter (have you hugged your wolf today) da Silva  `-_-'
-- normally  ...!hoptoad!academ!uhnix1!sugar!peter                U