[comp.sys.amiga] CATS , developer info

denis@vlsisj.VLSI.COM (denis) (03/10/88)

Could someone from CATS post info on how to become a registered
developer? Along with a list of available documents and disks.
I think others are interested in this information also...

Denis Bohm    parcvax!vlsisj!denis

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (03/18/88)

In article <915@vlsisj.VLSI.COM> denis@vlsisj.UUCP () writes:

>Could someone from CATS post info on how to become a registered
>developer? Along with a list of available documents and disks.
>I think others are interested in this information also...
>
>Denis Bohm    parcvax!vlsisj!denis

Ok here goes the sale pitch :-)

-----CUT HERE-----

This is a listing of all the AMIGA technical documentation available from
Commodore AMIGA Technical Support.			  (As of 3-18-88)

IFF Manual and disk				$20.00 (US Funds)
--------------------------

This includes the full IFF documentation and source listings, printed and
spiral bound. The disk contains electronic copies of the source code, object
files, executable programs and documentation.

AMIGA 1000 Schematics and Expansion specs	$20.00 (US Funds)

This includes the full AMIGA schematics, timing diagrams, and PAL equations.
Also included is documentation for the auto-configuration process.

AMIGA DOS V1.2 Native Developer Update		$20.00 (US Funds)
--------------------------------------

This is a update for programming under AMIGA DOS V1.2 using the V1.1 AMIGA 'C'
and Assembler programs. It includes the V1.2 "include" files for both 'C' and
assembler, the "Alink" linker, and assembler ".fd" files.

Also included are the comment-stripped versions of the "include" files, the V1.2
"autodocs", in both text and infominder format, the V1.2 "readme" files, the
V1.2 function offset lists, and the V1.2 "astartup.asm" and "TWstartup.asm"
files.

Fall 1986 Developers Conference Notes		$20.00 (US Funds)
-------------------------------------
The 2nd Annual Amiga Developers Conference Notes consist of a rehash of the
diagrams, outlines and additional notes that each conference speaker put
together about his/her particular topic.

Brief contents (what was covered at the conference):
Exec, Operating System Concepts bye Peterson and Silberschatz, AmigaDOS/CLI,
Developing a Workstation Environment for your Amiga by David Maynard (EA)
IFF, System Software Version1.2, Version 1.2 Offsets, Amiga Programmer's
Suite by RJ Mical, Graphics, 3D Graphics/Ray Tracing, Software Expansion
Architecture, Hardware (Inside Amiga, Ports, Disk Information, 8520 Spec),
Midi Sound Synthesis, Efficient C Programming.

A500/A2000 Technical Refrence Manual            $40.00 (US Funds)
------------------------------------
A 275 page reference manual that describes the technical features of the A500
and A2000 as well as those features that differ from the A1000.

Table of contents includes: Summary of Differences, System Block Diagrams,
Amiga Expansion, Designing hardware for the Amiga Expansion Architecture,
Driver Documentation, Software for Amiga Expansion, Amiga Expansion Connectors,
PC BridgeBoard, Description of the PC/XT emulator for the Amiga 2000, BIOS
entry points, Janus library, Amiga Hard Disk/SCSI Controller, Custom Chips,
Miscellaneous Hardware Information, Clock/Calendar registers, Power Budgets,
A2000 PAL equations, B2000 Jumpers, Diagrams (Blackplane Example, PIC Example,
A500 Exterior, Amiga 2000 Expansion Board Layout, Amiga 2000 Form Factor,
Amiga 2000 Video Card, 86-Pin Slot Expansion Board, A2000/B2000 Keyboard
connector pinout, Amiga 500/2000 Mouse Diagram and Pinout), and more!

To order these items, make your check payable to "Commodore Business Machines",
and send it to:

Software Tech Support
ATTN: Lauren Brown
Commodore Business Machines
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA 19380

Please specify the name(s) of the item(s) you are ordering on both the check
and letter of request. Be sure to include your name and address.

Canadian orders add $2.50 Shipping & Handling
European orders add $5.00 Shipping & Handling (Air Mail)
US orders need not include Shipping & Handling

Note: you do *NOT* have to be an official AMIGA developer to order these items.

-----CUT HERE-----

--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!schein@uunet.uu.net

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (03/19/88)

In article <3476@cbmvax.UUCP>, schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) writes:
> In article <915@vlsisj.VLSI.COM> denis@vlsisj.UUCP () writes:
> >
> >Could someone from CATS post info on how to become a registered
> >developer? Along with a list of available documents and disks.
> >I think others are interested in this information also...
>
> Ok here goes the sale pitch :-)

I think Dan forgot to include AmigaMail.  A newsletter aimed at developers
that get published (approximately) every two months, or so.  I believe it
is also $20 per year to non Registered Developers (sent free if you are
Registered).

Invaluable information, not available elsewhere, has been printed in these
pages ... definitely worth subscribing to!  [From Lauren, same address]

There was a mention someplace about having all the relevant info in past
issues reprinted.  Anyone at CATS know if that is/will happen?

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim