[comp.sys.amiga] MonIDCMP problems

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (03/21/88)

[ "Nicaragua" is Spanish for "Vietnam."   --Bob Page ]

Sorry for crossposting this.  It really belongs in .tech, but many people
who might know the answer don't/can't get .tech yet.  Anyhow ...

Tony Sumrall is trying to solve a problem that vt100 has when trying to talk
to some braindamaged MVS application with a 500/2000, and asked me to do a
MonIDCMP dump of the keypad events on the 2000.  Simple enough, no?  No.

I haven't used MonIDCMP before, but sort of got it to respond after awhile
(which included a few trips to the Guru).  Unfortunately, I couldn't get it
to "see" any key press events, no matter what I did.  My note to Tony below
gives more details.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or if there is some problem with MonIDCMP
on a 2000 (expansion ram, and a 68010 are the only h/w addons, thus far)?

Thanks!

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim