[comp.sys.amiga] Transformer for 2000?

uzun@wolf.UUCP (Roger Uzun) (03/21/88)

I just got a 5.25" 1020 disk and the Transformer for my Amiga 2000
Rev 4.2.  I can get it to boot MS-DOS OK using a PSTransformer program
I have but I cannot get it to accept any input from the keyboard.  It
just stops and asks me for the date.  Anyone have any luck getting the
transformer program to work on an A2000 with extra memory?  Please
let me know!

-Roger

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (03/23/88)

In article <659@wolf.UUCP> uzun@wolf.UUCP (Roger Uzun) writes:
>I just got a 5.25" 1020 disk and the Transformer for my Amiga 2000
>Rev 4.2.  I can get it to boot MS-DOS OK using a PSTransformer program
>I have but I cannot get it to accept any input from the keyboard.  It
>just stops and asks me for the date.  Anyone have any luck getting the
>transformer program to work on an A2000 with extra memory?  Please
>let me know!
>
>-Roger

   Transformer was written for use on the Amiga 1000 (Key point here is the
  number 1000). It was re-written to support additional memory over 512K and
  was released as a free upgrade for use on the Amiga 1000 and Amiga 500.

  It was not and is not written, designed, promoted, or supported for use on
  an Amiga 2000. If it works for you, your lucky. If it doesnt, stop by your
  dealer and look into a BridgeBoard.

--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!schein@uunet.uu.net

joe@lakesys.UUCP (Joe Pantuso) (03/24/88)

In article <3497@cbmvax.UUCP> schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) writes:
>In article <659@wolf.UUCP> uzun@wolf.UUCP (Roger Uzun) writes:
>>I just got a 5.25" 1020 disk and the Transformer for my Amiga 2000
>>Rev 4.2.  I can get it to boot MS-DOS OK using a PSTransformer program
>>I have but I cannot get it to accept any input from the keyboard.  It
>>just stops and asks me for the date.  Anyone have any luck getting the
>>transformer program to work on an A2000 with extra memory?  Please
>>let me know!
>>
>>-Roger
>
>   Transformer was written for use on the Amiga 1000 (Key point here is the
>  number 1000). It was re-written to support additional memory over 512K and
>  was released as a free upgrade for use on the Amiga 1000 and Amiga 500.
>
>  It was not and is not written, designed, promoted, or supported for use on
>  an Amiga 2000. If it works for you, your lucky. If it doesnt, stop by your
>  dealer and look into a BridgeBoard.

Roger,
        If you look at the docs that came with PSTransformer(or should have in
the ARC file anyway), it says that he has recieved reports that the keyboard
locks up on a 2000 when you use it.  The main reason for the PS version was to
support extended memory and 68010 use.

        As far as I know there isn't a fix yet(not publicly anyway?) and I do
not know if the author is on the Net.

     Snail Mail:       Real Mail:                           ///
*-------------------*  {ihnp4,uwvax}!uwmcsd1!lakesys!joe   ///
|Joe Pantuso        |  joe@lakesys.UUCP                   ///
|1631 n. 69 St.     |                               \\\  ///\          _   _
|Wauwatosa WI  53213|  "Rascality has it's limits,   \\\///__\ |\/| | / _ |_|
*-------------------*   Stupidity does not."-Napoleon \XX/    \|  | | \_/ | |

kgh@ihlpf.ATT.COM (00704a-Haben) (03/24/88)

Hello Dan
  I have the same problem/symptom as Roger but I have the 2088 bridgeboard. When I put the Commodore 2-meg expansion Ram in the slot next to the 2088 (the slot directly to the right of the 2088 looking from the front) the PC will boot but will die completely when prompted for the date. If I move the expansion ram over one slot to the right everything seems to work fine.

														Any Help?
				Ken Habe                                n