[comp.sys.amiga] Bug in Lattice C 4.0

mk59200@tut.fi (Kolkka Markku Olavi) (03/07/88)

While recompiling some of my PD C-programs last weekend
I noticed that LC truncates object pathnames to _32_ characters.
Can you out there believe that?? 32 characters for volume label
and full pathname?? Of course, you probably won't notice
this if you use floppies or RAM: but I like to have my sources
grouped in subdirectories of jh0:lc/sources.

I know this bug can be avoided by using Assign and -o option
but it's still a HUGE bug in a machine that allows 30 chars
for a simple filename.

--
Markku Kolkka at Tampere University of Technology, Finland
	mk59200@tut.fi

hand@sas.UUCP (Steven Hand) (03/29/88)

In article <586@fuksi.tut.fi>, mk59200@tut.fi (Kolkka Markku Olavi) writes:
> While recompiling some of my PD C-programs last weekend
> I noticed that LC truncates object pathnames to _32_ characters.

This is fixed in the 4.01 patch.

/*---------------------All standard Disclaimers apply---------------------*/
/*----Working for but not officially representing SAS or Lattice Inc.-----*/
/*----Steve Hand                       usenet:...!mcnc!rti!sas!hand-------*/