[comp.sys.amiga] I am sorry for my msg. 'Pirating, etc...'

phillip@nuchat.UUCP (Phillip Keen) (03/26/88)

I'm sorry about the message titled 'Pirating, etc....' but I just wanted to
express my opinions.  I didn't reallize how big of a fuss it would bring over
the NET.  Plus, that was one of my first msgs. to ever post over such a big
NETwork, so I've got to learn some how or another.  So, the way I learn is by
trial & error, and I know now never to post such a broad message over the NET.
Like I say I'm sorry.
--
Thanx -- Phillip Keen           Path:  uunet!nuchat!phillip
Snail Address:  Phillip Keen                   //

doug@eris (Doug Merritt) (03/27/88)

In article <858@nuchat.UUCP> phillip@nuchat.UUCP (Phillip Keen) writes:

>[....]  Plus, that was one of my first msgs. to ever post over such a big
>NETwork, so I've got to learn some how or another.  So, the way I learn is by
>trial & error, and I know now never to post such a broad message over the NET.

The way you *should* learn is by reading the articles in
"news.announce.newusers", which exists expressly for the purpose
of allowing new net users to learn from everyone else's previous
mistakes, rather than by making the same mistakes personally.

I encourage everyone to (A) read all of news.announce.newusers at
least once per year, and (B) make a point of telling new net users
that it exists.
	Doug Merritt		doug@eris.berkeley.edu
			or	ucbvax!unisoft!certes!doug

gll2139@ritcv.UUCP (Gerard L. Lanois) (03/28/88)

:58:09 GMT

In article <858@nuchat.UUCP> phillip@nuchat.UUCP (Phillip Keen) writes:

>I'm sorry about the message titled 'Pirating, etc....' but I just wanted to
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>express my opinions.  I didn't reallize how big of a fuss it would bring over
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>the NET.  Plus, that was one of my first msgs. to ever post over such a big
>NETwork, so I've got to learn some how or another.  So, the way I learn is by
>trial & error, and I know now never to post such a broad message over the NET.

[minor flame]
Fortunately, I resisted the urge to reply to your original comments.

To anyone else who can't resist the temptation to broadly cross post inane
comments and who maybe considering engaging in a similar learning scheme,

If you just want to "learn by trial & error", do it in MISC.TEST!!!!!!!

If you "just want to express your opinions", try TALK.MISC!!!!!!!

(Or rec.arts.frp, for you lightbulb jokesters. 8-)

[douse flame]

>Like I say I'm sorry.

Apology accepted.  Lesson learned.  Welcome to the net.

>--
>Thanx -- Phillip Keen           Path:  uunet!nuchat!phillip
>Snail Address:  Phillip Keen                   //
>                2705 Martin                   //
>                Pasadena, TX  77502          /////

---------------------------------------
Gerard L. Lanois
gll2139@ritcv.UUCP
gll2139@ritvax.BITNET

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP (Christopher Chiesa) (03/29/88)

In article <8053@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, doug@eris (Doug Merritt) writes:

> I encourage everyone to (A) read all of news.announce.newusers at
> least once per year, and (B) make a point of telling new net users
> that it exists.

Thanks for mentioning this!  I've been a net user since about October of 1987,
and this is the first mention I've seen of this newsgroup.  I've had occasion
to apologize for net-ignorance, due to having to learn everything by trial and
error, myself, so I sympathize with all those now sitting there going
"OOOOOOOooohhhhhh....!"  Who's in charge around here, anyway?  I want the full
usenet manuals on my desk in TEN MINUTES...  :-)

--
UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!cfchiesa
cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP