[comp.sys.amiga] Did ETHZ produce an Amiga versi

schaub@sugar.UUCP (Markus Schaub) (03/30/88)

In article <20700005@silver>, backstro@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:

> Well I don't know if M2Amiga is based on the ETHZ Modula-2 Compiler, but one
> thing I do know is that the ETHZ Modula-2 compiler was originally on the
> Mac.  The binary code for it has been brought over to the Amiga and will
> run on the Amiga using a special loader file.  I believe it (the compiler)
> can be found on Fish Disk #24.  You can order Fish disks from Amazing

YES M2Amiga IS based on the ETHZ compiler _AND_ even better, we are the same
people how did release the Modula-2 compiler on Fish #24. That just shows
how long we are in the Amiga business! M2Amiga is the further development of
this compiler which by now has lost all Mac background and became a 100%
Amiga compiler with features not available in any other M2 or even C compiler.
The new compiler also made it to Fred Fish. Check out Fish #113. The loader
is gone, a linker, an editor, a comlete set of library and interface modules
are now part of the product M2Amiga. Any more questions?

> (I personally have the Beta Release...  Now if only we could get a SDB...)

Well, our Source Level Debugger and a bunch of other useful utilities
will be released soon and most important:
  we know who owns the rights to the compiler :-)

--
     //	Markus Schaub			| The Modula-2 People:
    //	M2Amiga Developer		| Interface Technologies Corp.