[comp.sys.amiga] Whats a WEDGE?

Dave@daami.van-bc.UUCP (Dave Allen) (03/30/88)

>From: ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy)

>I am on a quest for the cheapest 20 Meg I can find.
>
>1.  I know the Wedge has been discussed here.  Does anybody have any
>information about it?  Like, cost, name & address of company,
>reliability, exactly what hardware you need besides the wedge board,
>might I have problems slapping it onto my Starboard2, etc...  Since
>this has been discussed, perhaps mail would be the best way to respond.

I have TONS of information on the WEDGE but I have a very big problem in
getting E-Mail out through the net. (As some of you know I have trouble
getting it in too!) You can contact me via Phone or Snail Mail at the
address listed below. Besides the WEDGE you will need a controller card (we
are recommending the DTC-5150 now because it does bad track mapping with
the new software (sorry RLL owners)) and a Hard Drive with Power Supply
and Cables. A case for the drive will come in handy as well. We handle
them all. The WEDGE works fine with ALL SOTS (slap on the side) memory with
passthrough and only has a problem with the the Insider (details available).

>From: papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga>
>
>Pick up the LATEST (just out) issue of Computer Shopper.  It compare pros and
>cons of all the systems you have mentioned, gives addresses, etc...>
>
>-- Marco Papa

Thanks Marco. I would like to point out that Ted Drude did not have the
latest software for the WEDGE when he wrote that article a few months back.
I am sure he would have been more impressed with the improvements that have
been made by the software guys (Bill Henning and Larry Phillips). Computer
Shopper failed to mention our phone number.

Watch for the upcoming release of the WEDGE 500. IFF pictures to follow
(just like the one coming in AMIGAWORLD in July).

Thanks for the interest and if you send me UseNet mail be sure to send your
POST OFFICE mail address.

"Sure there are dishonest men in local government. But there are dishonest
men in national government too."  - Richard M. Nixon

Dave Allen     (604) 270-0064      The MIND LINK BBS - (604) 533-2312
               9651 Alexandra Rd.        8 Lines running Xenix
 RSI   //      Richmond, B.C.
 _____//       Canada V6X 1C6            "Sure we have the WEDGE"
 |\\ //|   or; daami!dave@van-bc.UUCP                - RSI Order Desk
 | \X/ |         ^^^
  DH0:

Dave Allen     (604) 270-0064      The MIND LINK BBS - (604) 533-2312
               9651 Alexandra Rd.        8 Lines running Xenix
 RSI   //      Richmond, B.C.
 _____//       Canada V6X 1C6            "Sure we have the WEDGE"
 |\\ //    or; daami!dave@van-bc.UUCP                - RSI Order Desk
  DH0: