[comp.sys.amiga] Gadget in the window title bar

john13@garfield.UUCP (John Russell) (03/29/88)

I want to get a window which is just a title with a close box and depth
gadgets, with one extra gadget next to the depth gadgets that toggles between
y/n.

Problem is, it gets overwritten by the drag bar every time the window is
activated; when I refreshed the gadget on each ACTIVEWINDOW message the
gadget would show up OK, but clicking on it would just let me drag the window
around rather than receive the expected GADGETUP.

I'm relatively new to gadgets. What's the accepted way to put the gadget in
the title bar, a la the Wordperfect iconify gadget? Can I use the SYSGADGET
flag somehow?

John

In article <4625@garfield.UUCP> john13@garfield.UUCP (John Russell) writes:
>I'm relatively new to gadgets. What's the accepted way to put the gadget in
>the title bar, a la the Wordperfect iconify gadget? Can I use the SYSGADGET
>flag somehow?

A couple of points to know about gadgets. First they stack, that is the
one closer to the head of the list will get selected first. Second whenever
a gadget is in a border it should have a border flag set in it (TOPBORDER in
this case.) You can force your gadget to the front of the list by using
AddGList(win,gadget,0); (check the parameters here) but the 0 means I want
to be the *first* gadget in the list. -1 means I don't care (and you will be
the last gadget in the list).

--Chuck McManis