[comp.sys.amiga] Postscript printer driver

dave@gitpyr.UUCP (03/31/87)

I recall someone mentioning that a PostScript driver was available for the
amiga.  Could someone please email me a copy of it? Thanks.

--
David Corbin
Atlanta, GA

lachac@topaz.UUCP (03/31/87)

In article <3361@gitpyr.gatech.EDU> dave@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (David Corbin) writes:
>I recall someone mentioning that a PostScript driver was available for the
>amiga.  Could someone please email me a copy of it? Thanks.

If this is the case, how about posting it?
I'm sure tons of people would want a postscript driver.  So if someone has one
would they post it???

--
		"Truth is false and logic lost..."
					- Neil Peart

glee@cognos.uucp (Godfrey Lee) (04/06/87)

Since I don't have a postscript printer, but have use of one at work, what
would be nice is a driver that can stuff its output in a disk file!!
Godfrey Lee, Cognos Incorporated, 3755 Riverside Drive,
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA  K1G 3N3
(613) 738-1440		decvax!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!cognos!glee

philip@dalcsug.UUCP (04/09/87)

In article <514@cognos.uucp> glee@cognos.UUCP (Godfrey Lee) writes:
>Since I don't have a postscript printer, but have use of one at work, what
>would be nice is a driver that can stuff its output in a disk file!!

I too would have use for such a program, and have thought of writing
a program to output postscript to a MacIntosh disk.  Does anyone know if
it is possible to write to and/or read from a Mac disk?
Since there are several programs which are now promising postscript output
it would be great if there was a AmigaDos -> Mac file xfer utility (gee,
did I just announce a great opportunity for some one to make lots of $$!)

Peter Philip
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS

-------------------------
Look Ma!  No Disclaimers!
-------------------------

uskmg@emory.UUCP (04/14/87)

You do not necessarily need to write PostScript to a Mac disk if you
are interested in printing on an Apple LaserWriter.  The LaserWriter
can understand RS232 through its DB-9 and DB-25 ports at 1200 and
9600 bps.  PostScript is just ASCII text (and it's readable at that).

Ken Guyton
Emory University Computing Center
uskmg@emory

philip@dalcsug.UUCP (04/18/87)

In article <2036@emory.UUCP> uskmg@emory.UUCP (Ken Guyton {EUCC}) writes:
>You do not necessarily need to write PostScript to a Mac disk if you
>are interested in printing on an Apple LaserWriter.  The LaserWriter
>can understand RS232 through its DB-9 and DB-25 ports at 1200 and
>9600 bps.  PostScript is just ASCII text (and it's readable at that).

Yes, but that is only a solution if you happen to have a LaserWriter within
cable distance.  I sure don't - but I have access to several Mac's here
at Dal that are hooked up to a LaserWriter and there are lots of printing
shops that will do high quality (2400^2 DPI) postscript printouts from a
Mac disk.  I don't think it is possible to write to a Mac disk because of
the way the Mac drive changes speed (are Amiga drives capable of this feat?)

The only feasable way I can think of to get the file to a Mac disk would be
to transfer it with a modem to someone with a Mac.  That is of course until
printing shops get rid of their Mac's and get Amigas! ;-)

Peter Philip
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia

leekil@athena.mit.edu (Lee S Kilpatrick) (03/01/88)

Could someone please e-mail me a copy of the postscript printer driver
that was posted a few months ago?

		Lee

If you do not understand my sarcasm
you will not understand my sincerity.

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (03/02/88)

In article <3335@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> leekil@athena.mit.edu (Lee S Kilpatrick) writes:

>Could someone please e-mail me a copy of the postscript printer driver
>that was posted a few months ago?
>
>		Lee

I would also like to have a copy of this one.

BTW, anyone out there who knows of a compiled list of what has
been posted to amiga binaries and sources ?

Anyone who could send the interesting stuff I may find
in the list?

lak@lznh.UUCP (<10000>Lisa Krauth) (03/05/88)

In article <3335@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, leekil@athena.mit.edu.UUCP writes:

> Could someone please e-mail me a copy of the postscript printer driver
> that was posted a few months ago?

Me too please!   Thanks in advance...

	allegra!lznh!lak

lurch@vedge.UUCP (Lurch) (03/24/88)

In article <396@lznh.UUCP>, lak@lznh.UUCP (<10000>Lisa Krauth) writes:
> In article <3335@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, leekil@athena.mit.edu.UUCP writes:
> >
> > Could someone please e-mail me a copy of the postscript printer driver
> > that was posted a few months ago?
> >
> Me too please!   Thanks in advance...
>
> 	allegra!lznh!lak

I'd like a piece of that action, too!
		 ....sun!decwrl!decvax!watmath!musocs!vedge!lurch

+||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||+
|  Witty quote coming soon to this space.                          |
|								   |
|                              |                                   |
|   |   |\ |\     -------------+-.                                 |
|   |   || ||    |__        o  | |_                                |
|   | _ || ||       | |/|/| |  | | |                               |
| |_| X_/__/_  _____| | | | |__| | |___     Jeff Smith             |
|       |\ |\                               Visual Edge Software   |
|       || ||                               Montreal, Quebec       |
|       |/ |/                                                      |
|		 ....sun!decwrl!decvax!watmath!musocs!vedge!lurch  |
| I'm not sure who's opinions these are.....                       |
|       .... I hear voices...                                      |
|                           ...calling...                          |
|                                         telling me what to say.  |
+||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||+

lee@uhccux.UUCP (Greg Lee) (03/29/88)

From article <130@vedge.UUCP>, by lurch@vedge.UUCP (Lurch):
" In article <396@lznh.UUCP>, lak@lznh.UUCP (<10000>Lisa Krauth) writes:
" > In article <3335@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, leekil@athena.mit.edu.UUCP writes:
" > > Could someone please e-mail me a copy of the postscript printer driver
" > > that was posted a few months ago?
" > Me too please!   Thanks in advance...
" I'd like a piece of that action, too!

Me too, if there really was such a thing posted.  I'm afraid you may
be refering to a program I posted, which interprets a subset of postscript
and displays on the screen only.  If anyone is still interested, Pat
White told me a while ago that another copy would be posted in
comp.binaries.amiga.
	Greg Lee, lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu

rminnich@udel.EDU (Ron Minnich) (03/31/88)

In article <1707@uhccux.UUCP> lee@uhccux.UUCP (Greg Lee) writes:
>From article <130@vedge.UUCP>, by lurch@vedge.UUCP (Lurch):
>" In article <396@lznh.UUCP>, lak@lznh.UUCP (<10000>Lisa Krauth) writes:
>Me too, if there really was such a thing posted.  I'm afraid you may
No, there was such a thing. I have a copy of it. It was written by
Integrated Systems Inc. I will post it to comp.binaries.amiga AFTER
i see amigatcp come out, as comp.{binaries,sources}.amiga
appears to have gone away again.
   It replaces printer.device. I have never used it.
--
ron (rminnich@udel.edu)