[comp.sys.amiga] Insanity Fight

ali@polya.STANFORD.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (03/29/88)

[--]

After reading about it in Amazing Computing and seeing it at the dealer the
next day, I picked up the game "Insanity Fight." The game is truly
wonderful --- it boots incredibly fast (custom boot block I suppose ---
don't run "install" on this one!), has a killer startup animation (go
to your dealer just to see this), and a good game play...

BUT, the game seems to hang everytime I get a high score and put my name
in. After I enter the last letter and hit FIRE, it goes to the screen
where it normally plays the digitized rock music, and sits there for good.
Arg! Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, is there anyway around
it? [Of course there was no mention of this is A-C... >8-( ]

This is on a 2.5 Meg Amiga 1000 by the way. I haven't gotten the chance to
check the game without the extra memory yet --- if I do so, and it works,
I'll post a message...

Ali Ozer, ali@polya.stanford.edu

ps. Oh, but those startup screens --- wild! Go see them.

ncreed@ndsuvax.UUCP (Walter Reed) (03/29/88)

In article <2178@polya.STANFORD.EDU> ali@polya.STANFORD.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) writes:
: ...
:next day, I picked up the game "Insanity Fight." The game is truly
:wonderful --- it boots incredibly fast (custom boot block I suppose ---
: ...
:BUT, the game seems to hang everytime I get a high score and put my name
:in. After I enter the last letter and hit FIRE, it goes to the screen
:where it normally plays the digitized rock music, and sits there for good.
:Ali Ozer, ali@polya.stanford.edu
I had other games that froze when I save a high score when the disk
was write protected.  Is it?  If this was the problem, LET THE COMPANY
KNOW!!!  Personally, I hate to write to a copy protected disk which I only
have one of.  Some companies have a scenario disk that the user can back
up.  Does this game allow that?  Let us know!

--
/* Walter Reed           UUCP  : uunet!ndsuvax!ncreed
                      Internet : ncreed%NDSUVAX.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

In article <2178@polya.STANFORD.EDU> I, Ali T. Ozer, wrote:
>[talking about Insanity Fight]
>BUT, the game seems to hang everytime I get a high score and put my name in.

Sigh. I have this tendency to write-protect any disks before trying
them out. Well, it first bit me with Little Computer People, and now
it bites me again. Apparently you need to keep the disk unprotected so
the high-score can be written. Otherwise the game just stops when you
get a score good enough for the high-score table.

With this minor inconvenience cleared, I can easily say the game is well worth
the money.

Ali Ozer, ali@polya.stanford.edu

ali@polya.STANFORD.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (04/03/88)

In article <751@ndsuvax.UUCP> ncreed@ndsuvax.UUCP (Walter Reed) writes:
>In article <2178@polya.STANFORD.EDU> Ali T. Ozer writes:
>:next day, I picked up the game "Insanity Fight." The game is truly
>:wonderful ... BUT, the game seems to hang everytime I get a high score
>I had other games that froze when I save a high score when the disk
>was write protected.  Is it?  If this was the problem, LET THE COMPANY
>KNOW!!!  Personally, I hate to write to a copy protected disk which I only
>have one of.  Some companies have a scenario disk that the user can back
>up.  Does this game allow that?  Let us know!

That was indeed the problem, as I mentioned in an earlier message...
After playing a few hours (and writing high scores to the original disk),
I decided to attempt to make a backup copy of the disk. Grind-grind-grind,
and guess what, right after it copied the last track, >GURU<. (And this
was on a freshly booted machine; so the diskcopy was the guilty program.)
But, guess what? The copy works fine, and you can still write high scores
and everything...

So here's one game that is truly wonderful in many aspects, and furthermore,
is not copy-protected! And it only cost ~$35.  Highly recommended!

Ali Ozer, ali@polya.stanford.edu