[comp.sys.amiga] Font Request

dykimber@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Daniel Yaron Kimberg) (04/03/88)

I need help finding an appropriate font for a visual perception experiment on
the Amiga.  I need a font that's reasonably tall (around an inch) and easy to
read, preferably fairly bold and without serifs.  If anyone knows of, has, or
can access a font even remotely like that, especially if it's in the public
domain, please let me know by email.  Thanks for any help,

                                                  -Dan
                                       dykimber@phoenix.princeton.edu

ali@polya.STANFORD.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (04/03/88)

In article <2307@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> Daniel Yaron Kimberg writes:
>I need help finding an appropriate font for a visual perception experiment on
>the Amiga.  I need a font that's reasonably tall (around an inch) and easy to
>read, preferably fairly bold and without serifs.

Check out the TeX fonts from Fish 135 --- among those (freely distributable)
fonts there are some that are 100+ points --- taller than an inch even
on an interlaced screen. The disk contains "TeXF," a program which
creates Amiga fonts from TeX fonts.

BTW, the version of TeXF on Fish 135 has a bug that prevents it from working
right for fonts for which you have no mapping file. To use it with other
TeX fonts (say you are an AmigaTeX owner and thus have hundreds of more fonts)
you'll need to create a mapping file first. (The program works fine with the
fonts on the disk, as a mapping file is supplied. No problem there.)

The comp.binaries.amiga moderators have TeXF 2.6, which solves this problem.

Ali Ozer, ali@polya.stanford.edu

In article <2307@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> dykimber@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Daniel Yaron Kimberg) writes:
>I need help finding an appropriate font for a visual perception experiment on
>the Amiga.  I need a font that's reasonably tall (around an inch) and easy to
>read, preferably fairly bold and without serifs.  If anyone knows of, has, or
>can access a font even remotely like that, especially if it's in the public
>domain, please let me know by email.  Thanks for any help,
>
>                                                  -Dan
>                                       dykimber@phoenix.princeton.edu

Try PAGETYPE fonts. They have a 64 pt 'Headline' font that is a san serif
very readable font.

--
         "Ever since the world ended... I don't go out as much"
   richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                  rutgers!marque!gryphon!richard