[comp.sys.amiga] Question re: WORKBENCH menu

langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) (04/04/88)

In article <10171@stb.UUCP> michael@stb.UUCP (Michael) writes:
[about an alleged bug in wIconify...]
>Then I noticed that the entire first menu (including discard, etc) was ghosted
>and unselectable.

In checking this out (I did not find the bug, BTW), I noticed the OPEN and
CLOSE items.  I normally just double click to open an icon, but I tried out the
OPEN item out of curiosity.  It did exactly what I expected it to, of course,
but I could not figure out what in the world the CLOSE item is for.  I couldn't
find it in the A500 manual (which is pretty much identical to the A1000 manual
except that the text and about 2/3 of the illustrations have been updated for
WB1.2).  Does anybody know what CLOSE is for?

Be seeing you...
--Lang Zerner      langz@athena.mit.edu    ihnp4!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!langz
"To be clever enough to get a great deal of money, one must first be stupid
 enough to want it."   -- G.K. Chesterson