[comp.sys.amiga] Mutant Ninja Amiga's From Hell

grant@hpindda.HP.COM (Grant Haidinyak) (03/29/88)

My Amiga attacked me!!!!!

Late last night, after a hard day of hacking, I noticed that my
monitor's screen was dusty (thus aggravating a glare problem).
So, I broke out the windex and sprayed the screen (getting both
the screen and my hands somewhat damp.   So there I am with
damp hand listening to my Walkman about to clean the screen when
just as my hand contacts the screen, a bolt of lightning jumps from
the monitor, races up my arms and exits (quite abruptly through
the walkman's ear phones!

Can you say electroshock threapy, Can you say pissing on an electric
fence.... Yow...

Never, I repeat, Never plug your computer into the same outlet as you
walkman. (Can you beleive it, my Amiga even had the audacity do GURU on
me after that!!)

Anyway, I'm all better now.. and I was wondering if
anyone knew where I could get a copy of the clist.library

It didn't come on the 1.2 disks, but it is mentioned in the
1.2 Autodocs.

Thanks in advance

Grant "The Fro" Haidinayk

trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) (03/30/88)

> Can you say electroshock threapy, Can you say pissing on an electric
> fence.... Yow...

So, like, dude, what was it, like, LIKE to be at one with your Amiga? :-)

						Jon

eric@hector.UUCP (Eric Lavitsky) (03/31/88)

In article <6570012@hpindda.HP.COM> grant@hpindda.UUCP writes:

>My Amiga attacked me!!!!!
>
>Late last night, after a hard day of hacking, I noticed that my
>monitor's screen was dusty (thus aggravating a glare problem).
>So, I broke out the windex and sprayed the screen (getting both
>the screen and my hands somewhat damp.   So there I am with

Oh - rule of thumb here - don't ever use commercial house cleaners
on your computer equipment!!! For cleaning your monitor I would
recommend the wet and dry pad systems from Texwipe or an equivalent.
It is still possible that you could have built up a static charge
when cleaning your monitor even with these, but at least you'll know
what sort of chemicals you're actually applying to the surface of
your equipment.

Eric

ARPA:	eric@topaz.rutgers.edu		 "Lithium is no longer available
UUCP:	...{wherever!}ulysses!eric	  on credit..."
	...{wherever!}rutgers!topaz!eric		- from Buckaroo Banzai
SNAIL:	34 Maplehurst Ln, Piscataway, NJ 08854

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (04/05/88)

In article <6570012@hpindda.HP.COM> grant@hpindda.HP.COM (Grant Haidinyak) writes:
>Never, I repeat, Never plug your computer into the same outlet as you
>walkman. (Can you beleive it, my Amiga even had the audacity do GURU on
>me after that!!)

This could be very serious.  If you find yourself having a tendency to
purchase or write MS-DOS software, or a propensity towards single-button
mice or non-multi-tasking OS's, report to comp.sys.amiga immediately!