[comp.sys.amiga] Morerows brain damage

harald@leo.UUCP ( Harald Milne) (04/03/88)

	Help!

	Anybody know the story on Morerows. It seems to screw up all Animate3D
HAM Demos, Sculpt3D pics, etc.

	Is there some magic values to use?

	I really wan't to use Morerows, but not if it breaks everything.

--
Work: Computer Consoles Inc. (CCI), Advanced Development Group (ADG)
      Irvine, CA (RISCy business!)

In article <2925@leo.UUCP> harald@leo.UUCP ( Harald Milne) writes:
> Anybody know the story on Morerows. It seems to screw up all Animate3D
> HAM Demos, Sculpt3D pics, etc.

Morerows is a hack that makes the workbench screen bigger. Now while the
technique is a hack, the result *should* be supported by application
programs just like fast memory should be supported by programs. Basically
Sculpt and Animate make ASSumptions about how big the workbench screen is
rather than looking at something like GfxBase->NormalDisplayRows and
GfxBase->NormalDisplayColumns. Tell Eric to fix this it's a bug.

>	Is there some magic values to use?

-rows 0 -columns 0 ? :-)

>	I really wan't to use Morerows, but not if it breaks everything.

It doesn't break everything, only those things that are already broken.

--Chuck McManis