[comp.sys.amiga] Dvorak keyboard

jojo@astroatc.UUCP (Jon Wesener) (04/06/88)

	Does anybody have a program to convert the amiga keyboard
qwerty to dvorak?  I'm interested in setting mine up this way.

--j
--
jon wesener
... {seismo | harvard | ihnp4} ! {uwvax | cs.wisc.edu} ! astroatc!jojo

"I say, why are those buildings swaying like trees?"

avery@puff.cs.wisc.edu (Aaron Avery) (04/06/88)

To setup a Dvorak keyboard, type 'SetMap usa2' from the CLI. That should do
it. For some reason, my Workbehch doesn't have SetMap on it, so I couldn't
test it for you, but I know it's supposed to be there. To see what other
keymaps are available, look in devs/keymaps.

--
Aaron Avery (avery@puff.cs.wisc.edu)
	    ({seismo,caip,allegra,harvard,rutgers,ihnp4}!uwvax!puff!avery)

sbmueller@trillium.waterloo.edu (Stephan Mueller) (04/07/88)

In article <1543@puff.cs.wisc.edu> avery@puff.WISC.EDU (Aaron Avery) writes:
>To setup a Dvorak keyboard, type 'SetMap usa2' from the CLI. That should do
>it.

Just one small addition to this...

The new keymap doesn't take effect in existing windows.
This means, if your startup-sequence does a SetMap, it will NOT
change the way your keyboard works in the initial CLI.  Ya gotta
do a NewCLI first.  Kind of a neat feature, I think, you can have
different windows have different keymaps.

>Aaron Avery (avery@puff.cs.wisc.edu)
>	    ({seismo,caip,allegra,harvard,rutgers,ihnp4}!uwvax!puff!avery)

APD: |~                                         (all purpose disclaimer: Or Not)
"Na na na na" - The Beatles|Nylons                      Amiga
"Who Ha, Whoha" - FGTH               This space             //    Bizarre/Design
"Aah, aah" - Queen                   currently             //       Twisted/Fate
"Thunk, thunk" - RoboCop             under             \\ //               DY/DX
"Has anyone seen my marbles?"        construction.      \//          Body/Fisher
 - sbmueller@trillium.waterloo.edu                      Freak