[comp.sys.amiga] Problems with the Director

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (04/06/88)

I am having a couple of problems with the Director.  I am trying to load
some images into fast ram, then copy them into chip ram for display.
I find that this doesn't work:

LOADFAST 1,"my.pic"
COPY 1,2
DISPLAY 2

Nothing ever shows up on the screen!  What am I doing wrong?

kdd@well.UUCP (Keith David Doyle) (04/09/88)

In article <441@sas.UUCP> walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) writes:
>I am having a couple of problems with the Director.  I am trying to load
>some images into fast ram, then copy them into chip ram for display.
>I find that this doesn't work:
>
>LOADFAST 1,"my.pic"
>COPY 1,2
>DISPLAY 2
>
>Nothing ever shows up on the screen!  What am I doing wrong?

Try adding:

LOADFAST 1,"my.pic"
COPY 1,2
DISPLAY 2

You can't copy to a buffer that doesn't exist, you can use
NEW to create one to copy into, that is the same size as the
"fast" buffer you loaded into.

I'm a little surprised it didn't give you an error message of
"nonexistant buffer" on the COPY command.

Keith Doyle
decvax!trwrb!cadovax!keithd