[comp.sys.amiga] Painting programs with EHB reposted

RMF%ADMIN@UNCAEDU.BITNET (04/09/88)

[for all you do...]

I'm reposting this as it never made it out (at least we never saw it
in Calgary

        Kim, PHONTON PAINT (sp?) is not the only painting program
        that has EHB.  ExpressPaint has had EHB mode since v1.1
        which was released in September '87.

        Express Paint V2.0, which has been shipping for the last
        two weeks, has additional support for EHB including a spray
        painting tool that allows the paint to build on the "canvas"
        so simulate a real air brush.

        BTW:  ExpressPaint is the ONLY paint program that allows you
              create bitmaps larger than 1024 pixils wide.  Can you say
              full page lasar printing?  EXP also supports postscript
              output as well.

        /Russ

-----
Russell M Forster

DECnet: RMF @ { Admin | Flux | Stasis | Ins }
BITnet: RForster @ UncaEdu.BITnet
ARPA:   RForster % UncaEdu.BITnet @ Cunyvm.Cuny.Edu
USEnet: uunet!calgary!vaxa!forster
-------

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (04/10/88)

In article <12388861242.57.RMF@Admin.MRC.AdhocNet.CA>, RMF%ADMIN@UNCAEDU.BITNET writes:
>       Kim, PHONTON PAINT (sp?) is not the only painting program
>       that has EHB.  ExpressPaint has had EHB mode since v1.1
>       which was released in September '87.

And, in fact, Photon Paint does *not* use/support EHB, at all!  My earlier
comments were based on a "review" in The Amiga Sentry magazine, which went
into great detail about PPaint's use of EHB.  Perhaps the reviewer had a
pre-release version that did include EHB, I dunno.

Sorry for any confusion caused by my comments, which were based on this
incorrect article.

It's really nice to see all the competition in the paint program arena.  The
products just keep getting better and better, and at a really rapid rate!
Wonder which package will be the first one to implement an ARexx interface
(hint, hint)?

Now, if there was just a little bit of similar competition in the CAD area ...

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim

finkel@TAURUS.BITNET (04/11/88)

In article <27303@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kim@amdahl.BITNET writes:
>In article <12388861242.57.RMF@Admin.MRC.AdhocNet.CA>, RMF%ADMIN@UNCAEDU.BITNET
>>       Kim, PHONTON PAINT (sp?) is not the only painting program
>>       that has EHB.  ExpressPaint has had EHB mode since v1.1
>>       which was released in September '87.
>
>And, in fact, Photon Paint does *not* use/support EHB, at all!  My earlier
>comments were based on a "review" in The Amiga Sentry magazine, which went
>into great detail about PPaint's use of EHB.  Perhaps the reviewer had a
>pre-release version that did include EHB, I dunno.
>/kim

I happen to KNOW the author of Photon Paint ( Oren Peli ), and As far as I
know, Photon Paint was intended to be a HAM painting program. He started
working on it long before DigiPaint was out.

Udi Finkelstein       | Bitnet:   finkel@taurus.bitnet or finkel@math.tau.ac.il
Tel Aviv University   | Internet: finkel%taurus.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
Israel                | UUCP:     ...!psuvax1!taurus.bitnet!finkel