[comp.sys.amiga] Extra Half Brite

kirkb@pnet01.CTS.COM (Kirk Baker) (06/29/87)

<line eater>

Here is a posting that I found in a local newsletter pertaining to the
Extra-HalfBrite chips.  The part number is 252126-01  Price is $65.40 +3.00
S/H from C-A    Commodore Business Machines
                C2655
                West Chester, PA. 19380
                                           by
                                     Todd Weiss

Kirk Baker

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (07/01/87)

In article <1305@crash.CTS.COM> kirkb@pnet01.CTS.COM (Kirk Baker) writes:
>Here is a posting that I found in a local newsletter pertaining to the
>Extra-HalfBrite chips.  The part number is 252126-01  Price is $65.40 +3.00
>S/H from C-A    Commodore Business Machines
>                                     Todd Weiss

$68.40?!?!  The folks who will be ordering this part are the original
true-believers who paid up to $1000 more for their Amigas than others.

diggin deep. sigh...

-scott

svermeulen%Ins.MRC.AdhocNet.CA@UNCAEDU.BITNET (04/09/88)

Hi All,

      Just thought I would let you know that there is a Paint
      program for the Amiga that will paint in Extra Half Brite
      mode, that has been shipping since September 1987, that
      is not copyprotected, that can use all the fonts in your
      system, that can edit pictures upto 8192 pixels wide and
      over 8192 pixels high (limited by memory), that will
      print on PostScript printers,...

      It is called Express Paint and is now shipping in its
      third version.  Look for the advert in the May issue of
      AmigaWorld.

                    Stephen Vermeulen
                    Author: Express Paint.

cjp@antique.UUCP (Charles Poirier) (04/12/88)

In article <880408171623.044@Ins.MRC.AdhocNet.CA> svermeulen%Ins.MRC.AdhocNet.CA@UNCAEDU.BITNET.UUCP writes:
|  ....program for the Amiga that will paint in Extra Half Brite
|      mode, that has been shipping since September 1987, that
|      is not copyprotected, that can use all the fonts in your
|      system, that can edit pictures upto 8192 pixels wide and
|      over 8192 pixels high (limited by memory), that will

Holy Megabuckets, Batman, that's a lot of paint!
8192 * 8192 * 6 bitplanes / 8 = 50,331,648 bytes.

--
	Charles Poirier   (decvax,ihnp4,attmail)!vax135!cjp

   "Docking complete...       Docking complete...       Docking complete..."