[comp.sys.amiga] ASDG SDP

cheung@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Wilson Cheung) (01/10/88)

	Well, I was told that the SDP would be coming out early this year.
Is this true?  If not how much longer before it comes out?  It can't be much
longer or else it will become a dead product (especially the Zorro I versions).
There is an incredible deluge of alternate SCSI disk drive set ups for the Amiga
at very very attractive prices.

	I guess in about a month or two if SDP doesn't come out I might jus
settle down with Pacific Peripheral's hardware.  They have a nice 40 meg Hard
drive and SCSI board for $1295 that's Zorro I compatible.  Does anyone know
if Pacific Peripheral's SCSI card will work in a mini-Rack C?

			Wilson Cheunb

cthulhu@athena.mit.edu (Jim Reich) (01/11/88)

In article <1281@vu-vlsi.UUCP> cheung@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Wilson Cheung) writes:

>There is an incredible deluge of alternate SCSI disk drive set ups for the Amiga
>at very very attractive prices.
Yes, but the SDP should utterly blow them all away.  It's just too bloody
expensive!  Apparently they showed a working SDP at AmiExpo...

>	I guess in about a month or two if SDP doesn't come out I might jus
>settle down with Pacific Peripheral's hardware.  They have a nice 40 meg Hard
>drive and SCSI board for $1295 that's Zorro I compatible.  Does anyone know
>if Pacific Peripheral's SCSI card will work in a mini-Rack C?
As of last time I talked to them, Pacific had discontinued their Zorro I
support.  Their card was designed to go in their "Cage II" 2 slot system
($200ish) BUT they're now redesigning their SubSystem to work with the 1000,
giving it A2000 slots (no bridge slots, though... need the Turbo Tower or
the 2000 and 1 to do that)  Should all be done by Feb.  Has a slightly faster
transfer rate than the 2090 and no overscan problem.

Does anyone know anything about the Phoenix harddrive controllers?  They claim
to have a 4Mbit/s transfer rate -- more than twice the speed of the 2090
if I'm not mistaken...
							-- Jim

cheung@vu-vlsi.Villanova.EDU (Wilson Cheung) (04/15/88)

	I just glanced through the latest Amiga World and noticed that ASDG had
an advertisement on all its products.  One of these was the SDP board.  Is
it actually out now?

				Wilson Cheung