[comp.sys.amiga] REZ & Shell

roch@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu (04/17/88)

Using REZ v0.3 and shell v2.07M, I noticed the following problem:

	comm>rez run
	comm>run (command of your choice)
	2> (command executes, but leaves you in a new cli).

Executing endcli will return you to the shell.  Has anybody
else seen this happen or have any ideas as to why?

			david roch
			roch@b.cs.uiuc.edu

conn@pyr.gatech.EDU (Avery Shealey) (04/19/88)

In article <164000014@uiucdcsb> roch@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>Using REZ v0.3 and shell v2.07M, I noticed the following problem:
>
>	comm>rez run
>	comm>run (command of your choice)
>	2> (command executes, but leaves you in a new cli).
>
>Executing endcli will return you to the shell.  Has anybody
>else seen this happen or have any ideas as to why?
>
>			david roch
>			roch@b.cs.uiuc.edu

I have posted this twice with no reply. You don't need to rez run though.
Just have run in something like vdk:c with c: assign to vdk:c. Once the
program you ran ends, type endcli and you get the shell back.

Avery

Avery Shealey
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!conn
ARPA: conn@pyr.ocs.gatech.edu
--
Avery Shealey
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!conn
ARPA: conn@pyr.ocs.gatech.edu

sobczak@usceast.UUCP (Ron Sobczak) (04/20/88)

[3M TA3]

In article <164000014@uiucdcsb> roch@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>Using REZ v0.3 and shell v2.07M, I noticed the following problem:
>
>	comm>rez run
>	comm>run (command of your choice)
>	2> (command executes, but leaves you in a new cli).
>
>Executing endcli will return you to the shell.
>
>			david roch
>			roch@b.cs.uiuc.edu

I have seen this problem also.  I got around it by making the ARP arun
command resident.  Using arun, you are left in the shell, not in a
new CLI.  I alias arun to run so as not to tax my feeble brain with
another command.

Anyone know the cause of the problem with run?

--Barry Parris (using a borrowed account)

= Where is the Bonzo Dog Band, now that we need them? =