[comp.sys.amiga] FastFonts v 1.0

ralph@mit-atrp.UUCP (Ralph L. Vinciguerra) (04/22/88)

I have the Fastfonts V 1.0 program that came with TxEd Plus.
I'd swear it periodically confuses the Workbench. With it installed,
and after I'm doing several things, eventually, when I pop back to the
workbench, some icons will have lost their text (underneath; the file name).
I've seen it happen to disk icons, drawers and normal file icons too.

Anybody else seen this behavior ? Or am I the only one using it with the
workbench ? I have this fear that the creators don't use workbench with
it and so that test case wasn't fully checked out. If anyone out there is
on BIX perhaps you could pass this on to C. Heath of Microsmiths ?
Programs being friends with Workbench is VITAL for the newer,
average Amiga users.

This is highly distressing for me. I'd really like to keep FF running since
TxEd Plus without it updates the screen kind of slow.
But....I won't give up my workbench !

Ralph

langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) (04/23/88)

In article <2347@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> ralph@atrp.media.mit.edu (Ralph L. Vinciguerra) writes:
>I have the Fastfonts V 1.0 program that came with TxEd Plus.
>I'd swear it periodically confuses the Workbench. With it installed,
>and after I'm doing several things, eventually, when I pop back to the
>workbench, some icons will have lost their text (underneath; the file name).
>I've seen it happen to disk icons, drawers and normal file icons too.
>
>Anybody else seen this behavior ?

Hi Ralph!  Yeah, I've had a similar thing happen, but for me, only the titles
under my WINDOW icons (the ones made by wIconify) disappeared.  It really
bothered me, since I knew something wasn't quite right in the system (I have a
real problem with the idea doing important work on a system that is *visibly*
funky).
Be seeing you...
--Lang Zerner      langz@athena.mit.edu    ihnp4!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!langz
"To be clever enough to get a great deal of money, one must first be stupid
 enough to want it."   -- G.K. Chesterson