[comp.sys.amiga] Janus Hard Disk

micha@ecrcvax.UUCP (Micha Meier) (04/19/88)

I've just installed a ST157R with the ST11R controller (it was really
very simple) and a serial port in COM1 (I decided it's easier than to write
a mouse handler for the PC) and since then, JLINK and AREAD/AWRITE
do not work, saying 'Amiga service not available' although PCDisk
is running on the Amiga side. Btw., the Ctrl+Alt+Del reset does not work
either. I assume that there may be some confusion with the addresses
in the PC, but before starting to disassemble it I'd like to ask
whether somebody has some ideas what could be the reason. The controller
is at C800 and Janus handler at E000 so the setup should be ok. I've also
noticed that when trying to use the hard disk simultaneously on both
machines, the PC would interrupt with a read error.

Apart from the old article in Byte, I haven't found any documentation
about how the bridgeboard works and what addresses are used in the
PC memory - is this information available somewhere?

--Micha

uucp:	{uunet,mcvax}!unido!ecrcvax!micha

lphillips@lpami.van-bc.UUCP (Larry Phillips) (04/23/88)

  [Finest kind line eater food]

In <524@ecrcvax.UUCP>, micha@ecrcvax.UUCP (Micha Meier) writes:
 >Apart from the old article in Byte, I haven't found any documentation
 >about how the bridgeboard works and what addresses are used in the
 >PC memory - is this information available somewhere?

The best source of technical information is the A2000/A500 technical
Reference Manual, available for $40 from Lauren Brown at their West Chester
location.

-larry

--
Janus? Well, look at it this way. If you squint a little, the J could be
       Amiga checkmark, and the rest of the word describes MsDos.