[comp.sys.amiga] Gamma numbering

michael@stb.UUCP (Michael) (04/22/88)

In article <3605@cbmvax.UUCP> daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) writes:
>	I have Aegis Draw Plus here at CBM and it prints fine under
>V1.3 (Gamma 10).  I suspect that you are using the Gamma 7 release
>that went out with Shakespeare and ProWrite 2.0. I'll investigate...

Gamma 10? Gamma TEN?
Boy, maybe I should be glad we didn't get all those updates after all :-)

Still, I have to wonder whats taking so long.
			Michael
--
: Michael Gersten          uunet.uu.net!ucla-an.ANES\
:				 ihnp4!hermix!ucla-an!denwa!stb!michael

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (04/25/88)

In article <10203@stb.UUCP> michael@stb.UUCP (Michael) writes:
>In article <3605@cbmvax.UUCP> daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) writes:
>>	I have Aegis Draw Plus here at CBM and it prints fine under
>>V1.3 (Gamma 10).  I suspect that you are using the Gamma 7 release
>>that went out with Shakespeare and ProWrite 2.0. I'll investigate...
>
>Gamma 10? Gamma TEN?
>Boy, maybe I should be glad we didn't get all those updates after all :-)
>
>Still, I have to wonder whats taking so long.

	Gamma 10 refers to the internal number of the printer device
and its associated drivers; it DOES NOT reflect the gamma numbering of
the V1.3 Workbench.  As a matter of interest, the Gamma 7 release of the
printer stuff was on the V1.3 Gamma 4 Workbench disk.

	If a beta testor calls in a bug which I fix and I want to send him
a copy to confirm that the fix works under his conditions, I will bump my
internal gamma #.  That may happen in the morning and I may get the disk out
by noon.  If I get a call in the after noon with another bug I'll bump
the number again.  I keep a list of each of these mini-releases and what
was fixed/added.  This helps me track the releases very very closely.

	Don't worry, the offical V1.3 Workbench can't be too much farther
away (I hope anyway).

	Regards, David Berezowski