[comp.sys.amiga] Animation Maker

baer@percival.UUCP (Ken Baer) (04/27/88)

In article <537@wuphys.UUCP> lel@wuphys.UUCP (Lyle E. Levine) writes:

>	I need to put together an animation sequence for a project
>I'm working on.  I can generate the IFF files but would like to
>combine them into a .ANIM file.  Is there ANYTHING out there that can
>do this????  I know there are page flippers but I need something
>faster and less memory intensive (many 640x400x4 pictures). I don't
>care if it's PD or commercial.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Animation:Flipper, from Hash Enterprises, should do the job for you.  Flipper
will compress a series of IFF pictures (same resolution) down into an
ANIM file.  Currently, it will compress to the Hash anim file format (which is
similar to ANIM), but the new version, which is VERY close to release, will
save in a varietyof ANIM format (some have faster playback, and some compress
better). What kind of speed are you looking for?  You should be aware that Hires
frames playback slower than lores.  Hope this helps.

[Sorry for the Commercial Plug, but it does answer the question]

--
	-Ken Baer.
   //   Hash Enterprises: When the Going gets Weird, the Weird go Professional