[comp.sys.amiga] The A3000

donw@zinfandel.zehntel.com (Don White) (04/27/88)

In article <8018@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> flaig@cit-clsi.Caltech.Edu (Charles M. Flaig )
writes:
>In article <3467@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>>In article <549@zehntel.UUCP> donw@beaujolais (Don White) writes:
>>>
>>>     Wouldn't it be nice if ALL the current Amy NTSC graphics modes were kept
>>>  as a SUBSET of the overall graphics capability? That way, it would still
>>>  be THE desktop video machine, AND it could service those Hi Res-ophiles!
>>>  (1000x800 grin, or 2000x2000 grin grin, or 1Meg x 1Meg grin of wooly
>>>  mammoth proportions)
>>
>>The problem is, sport, that monitors in this range cost more than
>>a used porsche.
>
>You know, I never could understand why people want such high resolution color
>monitors.  The *ONLY* valid application I can see for them is CAD, and very
>few people need to do this at home.  And I think workstations should have

     I'm sorry for the lack of obvious smileys. I guess no one got it!

     Doesn't the 2000 have a VIDEO SLOT? Wasn't the purpose of this slot to
  make the super exceptional (and yes, Richard, EXPENSIVE) hi-res graphics
  OPTIONAL?!?!?! When (and if) it came out, you could get a reletively
  inexpensive monitor and just do NTSC, OR you get get a plug-in and a more
  costly monitor and blaze.

     I guess the bottom line here is.. Do we need an Amy 3000? I don't think
  we've scratched the surface of the 2000. Every feature I have heard of for
  the 3000 COULD BE an expansion for the 2000!

     It feels to me like commodore is running from one peice of new hardware
  to another like a kid in a candy store. How can the hardware mature in that
  kind of environment?

  P.S. Richard, you seem awful familiar. Do I remember you from somewhere?
  (Besides here of course.)

In article <565@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zinfandel.zehntel.com (Don White) writes:
>     I'm sorry for the lack of obvious smileys. I guess no one got it!
>
>     Doesn't the 2000 have a VIDEO SLOT? Wasn't the purpose of this slot to
>  make the super exceptional (and yes, Richard, EXPENSIVE) hi-res graphics
>  OPTIONAL?!?!?! When (and if) it came out, you could get a reletively
>  inexpensive monitor and just do NTSC, OR you get get a plug-in and a more
>  costly monitor and blaze.
>
>     I guess the bottom line here is.. Do we need an Amy 3000? I don't think
>  we've scratched the surface of the 2000. Every feature I have heard of for
>  the 3000 COULD BE an expansion for the 2000!

25 Mhz 68030. Hard/floppy controller on motherboard. LOTS more colors,
yeah, I'd say we need a 3000. I sure do.

>  P.S. Richard, you seem awful familiar. Do I remember you from somewhere?
>  (Besides here of course.)

I dunno. You got a sister ?

--
            Just a flaming nincompetent poop kinda guy
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                          rutgers!marque!gryphon!richard