[comp.sys.amiga] Is Sparta/Aegis ANIM official?

langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) (04/27/88)

Hi.  I've been looking for the C-A endorsed ANIM spec, and I've been getting
mixed responses.  Some say the existing Sparta/Aegis spec is the spec for
review at DevCon, others say that the DevCon spec is brand new and comes from
C-A.  Would someone who knows some FACTS (e.g. someone from CA or EA) please
mail me the straight poop.  Should I work with the Sparta/Aegis spec, or wait
until after DevCon?
Be seeing you...
 Lang Zerner      langz@athena.mit.edu     ihnp4!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!langz
"Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage..."
      -- Bill Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, I.v.19

baer@percival.UUCP (Ken Baer) (04/29/88)

In article <4913@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) writes:

>Hi.  I've been looking for the C-A endorsed ANIM spec, and I've been getting
>mixed responses.  Some say the existing Sparta/Aegis spec is the spec for
>review at DevCon, others say that the DevCon spec is brand new and comes from
>C-A.

The ANIM specs (document) was written almost completely by Gary Bonham of
Sparta.  This is THE official document.  C-A mainly just distributes it.
Make sure you check the revision date at the top of the document.  The new
one is dated 17 March 1988.  If you are planning on writing ANIM files,
use ANIM op 5, this is the new format that Videoscape 2.0 uses.  There may
be some typo and misinformation corrections before it's distributed at
DevCon, or maybe not.  Keep in mind, there wasn't a whole lot of proof
reading involved with this thing.

--
	-Ken Baer.
   //   Hash Enterprises: When the Going gets Weird, the Weird go Professional