[comp.sys.amiga] A1000+1300 genlock = troubles

ruslan@ecsvax.UUCP (Robin C. LaPasha) (04/26/88)

[for the line eater...?  (Another urban legend?)]

I do hope my request isn't too mundane... it's hardware.

I have an OLD A1000 (late '85?  No EHB) with:
   an external drive
   total 2.5M RAM(512K in machine, another 2M on a Microbotics Starboard2)
   - and now - a 1300 Genlock.

First the Genlock-specific troubles:
   The top inch or so "twitches" to one side.  Sync troubles, I presume.
I looked inside, but resistor R55 was already gone.  (From the factory
or from the dealer, I don't know.)  Why might it still twitch?  The
camera? (I intend to borrow another one to check that...)  The power
drain on the A1000?  A chip in the A1000? (I haven't yet made the A1000
video mod for a nicer broadcast signal given in Amazing Computing
(2:7?).)

Now, the duller stuff:
  The genlock does odd stuff to the screen colors under certain conditions;
Popcli blanks out more red than the previous grayish color (oh yeah, I'm
using a Sony 12" trinitron monitor - CPD-1200?.)  So, right now my boot
colors are dark gray, red, then white.  SOMETIMES, I have gotten pale
green and such, generally without the genlock.  You can tell what this
is leading to, right? - could a kind soul email me the A1000 boot
sequence colors and explanations that have been gone over before?
Thanks - sorry to ask again.

Robin LaPasha
ruslan@ecsvax.UUCP

king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) (04/29/88)

In article <4985@ecsvax.UUCP> ruslan@ecsvax.UUCP (Robin C. LaPasha) writes:
>First the Genlock-specific troubles:
>   The top inch or so "twitches" to one side.  Sync troubles, I presume.
I have also noticed this problem, but it clears up completely when external
video is applied. I use a 2MB expansion, HD interface (both Comspec) and
genlock all at the same time. With no external video applied, the screen
goes crazy on every mouse move, key press or whatever. Brain blitz. Hook
up external video and everything is OK. Anybody tried supplying power to
the genlock from an external source?
--
     dciem!king@zorac.arpa   or   {decvax|ihnp4|watmath}!utzoo! dciem!king
                                              uwbeaver!utcsri!---/