[comp.sys.amiga] Some problems with [A|B]2000....

jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Jonas Flygare) (04/29/88)

[Don't don the asbestos underwear yet, I'm just beginning to steam..]

Almost one year ago I ordered my Amiga 2000. It turned out later I
got an A2000. Now I read a lot of news about the flickerfixer, etc, that
goes into the Video slot of the *B2000*.. Needless to say I feel left out in
th cold. LOSE lose. Thats a lot of money. I *am* happy with my amiga,
but it really pisses me off that Commodore Sweden have not said *one*
word about the two models, in which case I would explicitly have ordered
(and perhaps waited for) a B2000. Now, my question.. What can I do?
(Costly) Change of motherboard? Contacting the consumers "ombudsman"? 1/2 ;-)
What is the word from CBM? Any help out there?
(And, if I got the facts about flickerfixer wrong, *please* tell me,
because I want to get it..)

--
Jonas Flygare (aka Flax)         +------------------------------------------+
email: jonasf@kuling.UUCP        | "Never try to hack while a playful ferret |

[...]

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (04/29/88)

In article <701@kuling.UUCP> jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Jonas Flygare) writes:
. stuff deleted
>Almost one year ago I ordered my Amiga 2000. It turned out later I
>got an A2000. Now I read a lot of news about the flickerfixer, etc, that
>goes into the Video slot of the *B2000*.. Needless to say I feel left out in
>th cold. LOSE lose. Thats a lot of money. I *am* happy with my amiga,
>but it really pisses me off that Commodore Sweden have not said *one*
>word about the two models, in which case I would explicitly have ordered
>(and perhaps waited for) a B2000. Now, my question.. What can I do?
. more deleted (including the article rerun)

And what about the A2000B, which seems to be selling in Sweden now?

It does have all the 1 MB on the motherboard, bot otherwise I don't
know if it has anything in common with the B2000. Can you locate the
eventual Fat Agnus chip easily in the shop and then very pleased buy
it?

Maybe Commodore in Europe could answer that, I don't think they sell
these beasts only in Sweden. (They have A2000 printed on the back)

Commodore Sweden hasn't promised any upgrade possibilites to me, but
Commodore promised at the Hannover Fair that they would release new
chips just to plug in your 500 or 2000. Just like that!