[comp.sys.amiga] M-M-M-MAX is BACK!

lishka@uwslh.UUCP (Fish-Guts) (04/28/88)

Mr. Papa writes in a previous article:
> Max Headroom returns this Thursday at 8PM on ABC with an ALL NEW episode.
> It seems that the letters of complaint that poured in after it was cancelled
> made a difference.  Way to go!

Well, I wouldn't be too sure that it is back for good (although that
isn't quite what Mr. Papa said).  From what I heard ABC had some
episodes left over when they cancelled it because of the writer's
strike.  Now, this is certainly not rock solid information, so take it
as "just a rumor."  But I would bet that ABC is just airing these
episodes in order to make some money during the rerun season.  I have
heard of no plans to continue Max Headroom into the next season.

Regardless, I know where my eyes will be glued this Thursday night
(but I'll have to quit programming on my Amiga for an hour.  OH NO!
NOT THAT! ;-)

					-Chris

--
         Chris Lishka            /{seismo|harvard|topaz|...}!uwvax!uwslh!lishka
Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene  { lishka%uwslh.uucp@rsch.wisc.edu

dsill@nswc-oas.arpa (Dave Sill) (04/29/88)

Bryan Bayersdorffer writes:
>I suggest that those of us who want to see the show
>permanently resurrected respond FAVORABLY to its temporary revival by
>writing letters of appreciation to the ABC programming department.  Otherwise,
>the next few weeks will be the last we'll see of Theora.  *sniffle*

That's a good idea.  Could somebody please post the address?

=========
The opinions expressed above are mine.

"There's always a place for least common denominators on the market."
					-- Bill Joy

lishka@uwslh.UUCP (Fish-Guts) (04/29/88)

Replying to ABC's airing of the unseen Max Headroom episodes is a good
idea.  However, after many months of no Max I have misplaced the
correct address.  Could someone post the address that was posted
several months ago?  (Anyone remember it?)  I know of at least three
people who will write letters from this end....

						-Chris
--

joels@tekred.TEK.COM (Joel Swank) (04/30/88)

In article <2321@louie.udel.EDU>, dsill@nswc-oas.arpa (Dave Sill) writes:
> That's a good idea.  Could somebody please post the address?

I have a better Idea: Move this crap to rec.arts.tv

Joel Swank
Tektronix, Redmond, Oregon
joels@tekred.TEK.COM