[comp.sys.amiga] Commodore spare parts woes

rhir_ltd@ur-tut (Bob Hirosky) (04/30/88)

  Hey Commodore, where are all the spare parts?  My A500 has been
in the shop for six weeks awaiting a new internal drive.  At least
I've finally stopped fuming about the disks it's eaten (like workbench),
but now my friends are probably sick of hearing four letter words
followed by "disk drive".  So, what's the problem?  Even the store doing
the service can't seem to get a straight answer from customer service.
  Of course things could be worse, another member of my users group
first brought his lemon 1080 monitor in for service on Jan 12.  At present
he is still monitorless.
  Both my machine and his monitor are "being repaired" under warranty.
With poor service such as this it's quite possible for your new amiga
to spend most (or all) of its warrantied life in the shop.  How likely
is Commodore to extend warranties in cases like this?

                      Bob Hirosky

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (05/04/88)

In article <1921@ur-tut.UUCP> rhir_ltd@ur-tut (Bob Hirosky) writes:

>  Hey Commodore, where are all the spare parts?  My A500 has been
>in the shop for six weeks awaiting a new internal drive.  At least
>
>                      Bob Hirosky

  The CBM service department is not on UseNet, also our customer service
 agents do not frequent UseNet. So if your having a problem with your
 service center heres what to do.

  Get the service center's name, address and phone number. Also gather as
 much information on the service problem as possible. Things like what
 part they are waiting for, ect, ect. Finally have dates handy when you
 call. (Date you bought it - Date it went in for service) Now call our
 customer support department @ 215/436-4200, explain the problem and relay
 any and all of this information. Im sure the answering agent will do as
 much as possible to be of assistance.
  Please remember that our customer support agents do not work for our
 service department, parts department, ect, ect... They will have to
 fully understand your problem and have all the information relayed to
 them if they are to be of help.

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein   uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
 Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!schein@uunet.uu.net