[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga 2000 on TV

chima@dasys1.UUCP (Chima Ngene) (04/24/88)

  For those of you who are in the tri-state area, or in Calif.  "The Computer
Show"  is supposed to have "Mr. Max Toy" (Amiga Sales rep.) demonstating the
Amiga 2000 Next Saturday April 30th.  In the "Tri-State-Area" the computer
show can be seen on channel "31" (WNYW-Channel "3" if you have Cable) at
7:00pm (19:00 hours).

--
     ///  Amiga Power User - Mr. Chima Ngene        (chima@dasys1)         ///
    ///   {UNIX, & DOS, ETC} Programmer.....        (Take Your Pick)      ///

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (04/27/88)

chima@dasys1.UUCP (Mr. Chima Ngene) wrote:
>"Mr. Max Toy" (Amiga Sales rep.)

Ha!  He's not a sales rep, he's a Big Guy.  Like the president, even.

>demonstating the Amiga 2000 Next Saturday April 30th.

I hope they have some monitors set up at DevCon...

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) (04/28/88)

Hi,

The amiga demo was pretty much ZZzzzzz... But! it was press.

The demo consisted of proving that the bridge board could run
1-2-3 on one screen while Maxiplan was running on another screen,
and due to the glories of (gasp) multitasking, the workbench clock
doesn't stop ticking while re-calcing in Maxiplan.

Max also showed off the NTSC genlock capabilities for doing video
titling, but really didn't touch on the really neat stuff that
could be done with desktop video.

At least, this time Max's equipment worked, unlike the time they
were going to show off the Sidecar, and the baggage handlers
smashed it.

By the way, The Computer Show is viewable if you have a home (or
industrial for that matter) satellite receiver.  It is on the same
C band bird as the CBS and ABC network feeds (one notch east of
Westar IV), transponder 23.  The show airs at 20:00-20:23 eastern
time.  Too bad The Computer Show cut back to the 1/2 hour format.
It was much more fun when they had the live call-in segment in the
second half hour.  I was one of the people that grilled Jean Louie
Gasse about the Mac II demo, "can it put out NTSC video for desktop
video like the Amiga.  It doesn't?  Oh well..."  Such is life.

--Bill

bilbo@pnet02.cts.com (Bill Daggett) (04/30/88)

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:

>and due to the glories of (gasp) multitasking, the workbench clock
>doesn't stop ticking while re-calcing in Maxiplan.

However, when they showed the Amiga screen next the clock second hand was
frozen (not ticking).

>By the way, The Computer Show is viewable if you have a home (or
>industrial for that matter) satellite receiver.  It is on the same

You can view the Computer Show in El Segundo, CA on cable channel 16, Tuesday
at 7PM.

Bill

UUCP: {ihnp4!scgvaxd!cadovax rutgers!marque}!gryphon!pnet02!bilbo
INET: bilbo@pnet02.cts.com
* Sometimes The Dragon Wins! * Still looking for the best Amiga BBS
software to resurrect Bilbo's Hideaway on - but not holding breath!

chima@dasys1.UUCP (Chima Ngene) (05/02/88)

  I think that the "The Computer Show" did the Amiga an injustice, by not
having Max Toy present during the review session.  I am glad that they
finally showed the Amiga (And its powers), this I'm sure will boost sales.

  The guy from PC Mag. (Editor) suggested that only the A-2000 supports IBM
compatiblity (because the bridge board is on a card).  This is not true,
I'm sure we are all aware of the Transformer that Emulates an IBM PC through
software (Which is a big accomplishment for computer programming), and
the Hardware product for the A-1000 called Side-Car.

  I didn't appreciate the fact that there was very little time available for
demonstration of the Amiga, but all in all was pleased with the fact many
veiwers were able to see the POWER!!! OF THE AMIGA.....

P.S.
I wish I was there during the interview, so that I would have had the chance
to defend the Amiga!!!!......

								:-)

--

dave@csd1.milw.wisc.edu (David A Rasmussen,EMS E380,5133,) (05/03/88)

From article <4220@dasys1.UUCP>, by chima@dasys1.UUCP (Chima Ngene):

>   I think that the "The Computer Show" did the Amiga an injustice, by not
> having Max Toy present during the review session.  I am glad that they
> finally showed the Amiga (And its powers), this I'm sure will boost sales.

That stupid show that I never watch that looked like Entertainment Tonight
last night around midnight did a story on computers that can do video
editting and such. They interviewed a VP from Commodore whom I forget the
name of, and they showed some amigi and some familiar amiga demos such as
the Newtek demos, but they never mentioned they were all done on Amigas.

Nonetheless, I appreciated it. I was just flipping through the channels and
saw the familiar demos ;-)

Dave Rasmussen c/o Computing Services Division @ U of WI - Milwaukee
Internet: dave@csd4.milw.wisc.edu  Uucp: uwvax!uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!dave {o,o}
Csnet:	  dave%uwmcsd4@uwm	   Bellnet: +1 (414) 229-5133        \u/
ICBM: 43 4 58 N/ 87 55 52 W  Usnail: 3200 N Cramer #E380, Milw WI 53211

mike@ames.arpa (Mike Smithwick) (05/04/88)

In article <4049@dasys1.UUCP> chima@dasys1.UUCP (Mr. Chima Ngene) writes:

>  For those of you who are in the tri-state area, or in Calif.  "The Computer
>Show"  is supposed to have "Mr. Max Toy" (Amiga Sales rep.) . . .
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gee, I hope Max didn't have to take to much of a pay cut for this demotion
(by the way, has anyone told him?? He still looked like the prez we know and
love at the DevCon).

--
			   *** mike (Cyberpunk in training) smithwick ***
"Use an Atari, go to jail!"

chima@dasys1.UUCP (Chima Ngene) (05/06/88)

>  For those of you who are in the tri-state area, or in Calif.  "The Computer
>Show"  is supposed to have "Mr. Max Toy" (Amiga Sales rep.) . . .

  Ok, ok, ok...  When I posted that letter, I was so tired that I didn't
realize at the time that I said that "Mr. Max Toy" was a sales rep.
please, please, please  forgive me all...

  I've recieved letters and seen the articles....

								(Ooops. :-)