[comp.sys.amiga] YTV

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) (05/01/88)

A couple of things:

First:  what does YTV stand for?
Second: what are the "lyrics"?
  You know, "Ahhhhhhhhh, something, something, something, wahhhh-oooh-oh-oh.."

Yes, this is a trivial topic, but hey,  it's 3:06am, what do you want?

* Rich Carreiro                      "Havlicek stole the ball!!!!"            *
* rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                       -- Johnny Most 4/15/65          *

mb@munnari.oz (Michael Bednarek) (05/03/88)

In article <5017@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) writes:
>First:  what does YTV stand for?
>Second: what are the "lyrics"?

You're The Voice was an enourmous hit in Australia and quite a success
in Europe, particularly in Germany. J.Farnham is an Australian and had
quite some some success with the Little River Band.

You're The Voice, Music and Lyrics by A.Qunta/C.Thompson/M.Ryder/K.Reid
Copyright 1986, Rondor Music, All Rights Reserved.
Recorded by John Farnham on Wheatley Records.

We have the chance to turn the pages over.
We can write what we wanna write,
We gotta make ends meet before we get much older.

We're all someone's daughter,
We're all someone's son.
How long can we look at each other
Down the barrel of a gun?

You're the voice, try and understand it.
Make a noise and make it clear.
We're not gonna sit in silence,
We're not gonna live with fear.

This time we know we all can stand together,
With the power to be powerful,
Believing we can make it better.

We're all someone's daughter,

Michael Bednarek, Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research (IAESR)
   //  Melbourne University,Parkville 3052, AUSTRALIA, Phone:+61 3 344 5744
 \X/   Domain:u3369429@{murdu.oz.au | ucsvc.dn.mu.oz.au} | mb@munnari.oz.au
       "bang":...UUNET!munnari!murdu!u3369429     PSI%23343000301::U3369429
"POST NO BILLS."

ljc@otter.hple.hp.com (Lee Carter) (05/06/88)

	Nothing to do with the Amiga I know, but it answers the guy's
	Question okay!??

	YTV stands for 'You're the voice', which was recorded by someone
	called John Farnham(sp?)

	BTW - Do you mean the whole song or just the sampled chorus?
	      My disk has 'Owner of a lonely heart' and 'Thriller' on it
              as well as YTV.
	What's yours got?

Buster Gonad from the land of beanbags and sandals and mustard coloured socks.