[comp.sys.amiga] Thanks for the VIRUS!!!

padre@clark-emh.arpa (05/07/88)

FYI - I got the VIRUS from my AMIGATERM disk that came with my
1680 modem from Commodore. I normally check out any disks, but I figured
that CBM won't pass it along. Unfortunately I was wrong, but I found it
before I did any damage to my other disks.

PS I'm going to Europe next month and if I can get a hold of SCA I'll
be sure to thank them from EVERYBODY.

*** My opinions are self-booting ***

eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (05/09/88)

In article <2421@louie.udel.EDU> padre@clark-emh.arpa writes:
>FYI - I got the VIRUS from my AMIGATERM disk that came with my
>1680 modem from Commodore. I normally check out any disks, but I figured
>that CBM won't pass it along. Unfortunately I was wrong, but I found it
>before I did any damage to my other disks.

Rest easy:  I retrieved a vanilla AMIGATERM disk off of our production
line and found NO virus, just standard boot code.  Are you sure that you
did not introduce the virus from one of your other disks?  Could your
modem have been an exchange (ie maybe someone else bought the modem, decided
not to keep it, and [accidentally] introduced the virus before returning it)?