[comp.sys.amiga] I need Virus information for the AmiCon newsletter

erd@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Ethan R. Dicks) (05/09/88)

The great majority of the members of AmiCon, the local Amiga users group in
Columbus, elected me to do a piece on Viruses in the Newsletter, since I
seemed to know much about them.  I am asking for any machine readable
information about viruses be e-mailed to me.  I am looking for information on
symptoms, cures (like booting the SCA virus with the left mouse button
depressed), and effects of ANY virus you know about.  I am also interested
in collecting viruses for STUDY PURPOSES ONLY.  I have aquired the Byte Bandit
virus and the LSD virus, and was wondering just how many more were out there.

Thanks,
-ethan
--
Ethan R. Dicks      | ######  This signifies that the poster is a member in
                    |   ##    good sitting of Inertia House: Bodies at rest.
This space for rent |   ##

Chad_The-Walrus_Netzer@cup.portal.com (05/10/88)

In article <12733@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>  (Ethan R. Dicks.) writes:

>The great majority of the members of AmiCon, the local Amiga users group in
>Columbus, elected me to do a piece on Viruses in the Newsletter, since I
>seemed to know much about them.  I am asking for any machine readable
>information about viruses be e-mailed to me.  I am looking for information on
>symptoms, cures (like booting the SCA virus with the left mouse button
>depressed), and effects of ANY virus you know about.  I am also interested
>in collecting viruses for STUDY PURPOSES ONLY.  I have aquired the Byte Bandit
>virus and the LSD virus, and was wondering just how many more were out there.

	I myself am a "studier" of the virus'es, and have given a few
talks about it at User Group meetings and such.  (BAADG) I have put
together a disk containing ALL kinds of virus checkers, and virus
information that I could find.  There's a thread on USENET (I believe it
is the "Virus_Checkers Disk" thread, or similar) that describes it.  I
suggest you get it.  In addition, leave me E-mail if you want to, and
I'll gladly help you prepare your article.  I've written one for Robo
City News, myself.  I've studied the Byte bandit and SCA virus'es, so I
could help you out with those.  Leave me E-mail and we can discuss it
further (most of the stuff would be old new for UseNet'ers, so we won't
rehash it in public).
				Chad 'The_Walrus' Netzer -> AmigaManiac++

"Amiga... You're once, twice, three times a CRAYdee"
(Sorry for that one, everybody)...