[comp.sys.amiga] Land of Legends

robert@trwind.UUCP (Robert W. Snyder) (04/27/88)

Anybody buy and play this game?  Is it any good?  I am a fan
of the Sir Tech game Wizardry, how does this compare?

Please E-mail and I will redistribute to interested parties.

Thanks in Advance

--
Robert Snyder       Disclaimer  --  nobody claims dis, but me
TRW Information Networks Division 23800 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance CA 90505

flaig@cit-vlsi.Caltech.Edu (Charles M. Flaig) (05/03/88)

In article <388@trwind.UUCP> robert@trwind.UUCP (Robert W. Snyder) writes:

>Anybody buy and play this game?  Is it any good?  I am a fan
>of the Sir Tech game Wizardry, how does this compare?

And compared to Faery Tale and Bard's Tale?

Better yet, has anybody *found* this game?  I keep trying to get a copy, and
dealers always tell me it hasn't been released yet, but will be RSN.  (For
the past few months.)

  ___   ,               ,                                           ,;,;;;,
 /   Y /|              /|              Charles Flaig                ;/@-@\;
|      |/     __, ,__  |/              flaig@csvax.caltech.edu       | ^ |
|      /^\   /  | | |  /  /\  /\                                      \=/
 \____/|  \_/|_/\_/ \_/ \_\/_/_/_/     "What, you think they PAY me for this?"

ma179aav@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Stephen Hartford) (05/12/88)

[ "Look out for the recumbent biPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... ]

In article <2947@crash.cts.com> lgreen@pnet01.cts.com (Lawrence Greenwald):
>BTW, the president of the SDADS group. Phil Mecurio, is the person who is
>doing the Amiga port of Dungeon Master.

FYI, Dungeon Master is an adventure-type game similiar to Land of
Legends. We had Dungeon Master demoed a few months back, and it is
also quite impressive. It's not available yet either, but should be
soon (from FTL games).

>Sorry Leo, but even WE at SDAUG are tired of the April Fool nonsense.

We? You mean you and Monty. And maybe your friend(s)? A few people out
of 300 in the group, but hardly "WE".

>A lot of people in our group were pretty pissed at the whole thing and at the
>last SDAUG meeting on May 3, our president kind of got the picture...
>Larry Greenwald

*** WARNING: MISINFORMATION LIMIT EXCEEDED. FIREBALL REQUESTED.

Mr. Greenwald is undoubtly referring to a document which my close
friend (and presidental hopeful) Monty Saine felt necessary to
distribute at out May 3rd meeting. (Leo - you actually may want to get
a copy of this ;-) In this document, Mr. Saine provides those of us not
lucky enough to read his limited viewpoints on Usenet with more of his
senseless rantings.

The only comments made to me at the meeting were along the lines of
"who is this dweeb Monty?" Wake up guys, either you liked the joke or you
didn't. Nobody else really cares, so keep your one-sided, unidimensional
universe to yourselves.

*** THE FIREBALL HITS FOR 23414 HIT POINT(S) DAMAGE.

--
Stephen Hartford  shartford@ucsd.edu  "so what ... big deal"
San Diego Amiga Users Group, P.O. Box 80186, San Diego, CA 92138-0186