[comp.sys.amiga] Blipping monitor

davidc@pyr.gatech.EDU (David Carter) (05/12/88)

[]
In article <4580004@hpscdc.HP.COM> hal@hpscdc.HP.COM (Hal Work) writes:
>Was there anything tricky about hooking up the IBM power supply?  I've been
>having, I assume, power glitches which show themselves by the monitor
>'blipping' off and on very quickly.  Not long enough for the screen to blank,
>but long enough to cause irritation.

Is yours a 1084 monitor?  If so, the problem is almost certainly in the
monitor, not the Amiga.

I had to send back TWO 1084's (the second for a refund), both with this same
problem.  I heard that a LOT of 1084's had this problem.  So I'm currently
using my old Apple green monitor until I find a good multi-sync.

How to check if it's the monitor- try your monitor on somebody elses machine.
(and while you're at it, you can try theirs on your machine, just to be sure.)

Mine had the problem using either the RGB or the composite inputs, so you
can check it on something like a VCR too.
--
David Carter
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!davidc