[comp.sys.amiga] Land of Legends...and other April Foolishness

lgreen@pnet01.cts.com (Lawrence Greenwald) (05/15/88)

ma179aav@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Stephen Hartford) writes:
>>Sorry Leo, but even WE at SDAUG are tired of the April Fool nonsense.
>
>We? You mean you and Monty. And maybe your friend(s)? A few people out
>of 300 in the group, but hardly "WE".
>
>>A lot of people in our group were pretty pissed at the whole thing and at the
>>last SDAUG meeting on May 3, our president kind of got the picture...
>>Larry Greenwald
>
>*** WARNING: MISINFORMATION LIMIT EXCEEDED. FIREBALL REQUESTED.
>
>Mr. Greenwald is undoubtly referring to a document which my close
>friend (and presidental hopeful) Monty Saine felt necessary to
>distribute at out May 3rd meeting. (Leo - you actually may want to get
>a copy of this ;-) In this document, Mr. Saine provides those of us not
>lucky enough to read his limited viewpoints on Usenet with more of his
>senseless rantings.
>
>The only comments made to me at the meeting were along the lines of
>"who is this dweeb Monty?" Wake up guys, either you liked the joke or you
>didn't. Nobody else really cares, so keep your one-sided, unidimensional
>universe to yourselves.
>
>*** THE FIREBALL HITS FOR 23414 HIT POINT(S) DAMAGE.
>
>--
>Stephen Hartford  shartford@ucsd.edu  "so what ... big deal"
>San Diego Amiga Users Group, P.O. Box 80186, San Diego, CA 92138-0186

No Steve, I mean that the whole thing is DONE WITH!!!! We have gotten a bad
reputation for our group (and I myself am partly to blame for posting the
first notice instead of being my usual skeptical self and not realizing what
month it was!)

**  flame on

We're trying to get back to some semblance of normalcy. We have some real
top-notch people in our area (Joe Pearce, Phil Mecurio, and many others who I
don't have their names!!) who don't deserve to have their accomplishments
denegrated by the actions of others (translation: don't blame the group for
the idiocy of a few).

** flame off

What's done is done and trying to undo it is like trying to unscramble an egg.
Let's learn from it and push on to new and greater heights for our favorite
machine.

Larry Greenwald

UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!lgreen
ARPA: crash!pnet01!lgreen@nosc.mil
INET: lgreen@pnet01.cts.com
SNAIL:4545 Collwood Blvd, #52  San Diego, CA 92115
   WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
   OH SHUT UP! You bubble-headed booby!!!
                          -- Dr. Zachary Smith, forever "Lost in Space"