[comp.sys.amiga] More DMouse 1.03[4] bugs

juan@gatech.edu (Juan M. Orlandini) (05/18/88)

One more bug (actually a weird interaction). I use Oren Pelli's (sp?)
TextReader in one of my CLI windows, and sometimes when I click in it (with
DMouse running, of course), the screen blanks. It doesn't do it in other
windows on the same screen, and in that window once TextReader is removed.

        //     _______                   //      "Honesty is the best policy
       //         |       __            //       but, insanity is a better
    \\//          | |  | |__| |\ |   \\//        defense."
     \/        |__| |__| |  | | \|    \/

School of Information & Computer Science, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
uucp:	...!{decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,linus,rutgers}!gatech!juan
Internet: juan@gatech.edu            BIX: juan

>One more bug (actually a weird interaction). I use Oren Pelli's (sp?)
>TextReader in one of my CLI windows, and sometimes when I click in it (with
>DMouse running, of course), the screen blanks. It doesn't do it in other
>windows on the same screen, and in that window once TextReader is removed.

	This has come up on several occasions.  Are you by any chance
running conman?  It would appear that many of these input handles are
NOT setting the ev_TimeStamp field in the events, which causes DMouse to
incorrectly set its timeouts.  The next release will check for wildly
incorrect timestamps but frankly I think the bug is with the other handlers.

				-Matt

juan@gatech.edu (Juan M. Orlandini) (05/19/88)

In article <8805182134.AA19838@cory.Berkeley.EDU>, dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
> 	This has come up on several occasions.  Are you by any chance
> running conman?  It would appear that many of these input handles are

No, no conman, just (manx version) of your shell and textreader. I do run gomf,
but I doubt that that is making any difference. (I run other things, but none
of them are mucking with the input handler.)

                                          Juan