[comp.sys.amiga] I like DMOUSE

USA/Missouri/KC/DEC/Davis.Richard) (05/18/88)

The reviews are in.  The public is cheering.  DMOUSE is a success!  (And I
was a Mach user...)  Thanks Matt!  Especially for pulling out the handler
code.  Sure is nice to have a little extra memory.  Two things, though:

First:  I was in Handshake and used LMB/RMB to pop back to WorkBench,
diddled around there for a while, and used LMB/RMB to pop back to Handshake
and the title bar wouldn't show up until I pressed RMB.  No biggie, just
thought I'd mention it...

Second:  What have you got against clocks??? :-)

Thanks again for a superior product (with source!!).  Now if I just had time
to learn from it...

						Richard Davis
						Kansas City Software Services

phils@tekigm2.TEK.COM (Philip E Staub) (05/19/88)

In article <8805181425.AA08496@decwrl.dec.com> davis@lowlif.dec.com (Earth!USA/Missouri/KC/DEC/Davis.Richard) writes:
>The reviews are in.  The public is cheering.  DMOUSE is a success!  (And I
>was a Mach user...)  Thanks Matt!  Especially for pulling out the handler
>code.  Sure is nice to have a little extra memory.  Two things, though:

I agree. I like it too! However, I also have two "things". Here are my two:

1. When in SDB, hitting F10 to see the "output" window gets you there with
no way back to the debugging window, except for clicking on the
window-to-back gadget. (Yeah, I know... nothing can be done about it except
to turn off dmouse (no! not that!). I also can live with it.).

2. The other is also in SDB: while debugging, the hotkey is apparently being
trapped before dmouse ever sees it. I suspect it's just a function of
priorities.

All in all though, Matt, my vote is *not* to change anything. After
all, you've given them the source, and they can add the features they
want. (Yes, I have my flameproof suit on. I know lots of folks may not
know how to add the features they feel they "need". But thats part of
the fun of computers as a hobby: learning by doing.) I've seen
too many cases of code which was originally useful, but grew to such a
behemoth that they were unuseable, unreasonable and unsupportable. I like it
just as it is!.

>						Richard Davis
>						Kansas City Software Services

Thanks,
Phil
Phil Staub                     "I do NOT approve. I merely said I UNDERSTAND."
tektronix!tekigm2!phils                                              - Spock
phils@tekigm2.TEK.COM