[comp.sys.amiga] IFF to GIF conversion program wanted

Paul_Sop@isishq.UUCP (Paul Sop) (05/11/88)

Are there any IFF to GIF conversion programs available for the amiga?

---
 * Origin: Waterloo CBCS Chat `WOC on Water' HST CANADA (Opus 1:221/157)
SEEN-BY: 221/157 162

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (05/17/88)

In article <43.2287AAD9@isishq.UUCP> Paul_Sop@isishq.UUCP (Paul Sop) writes:

>Are there any IFF to GIF conversion programs available for the amiga?

  Funny you should ask, I just saw a program called "IFF2GIF" on Delphi
  over the weekend. It was in the Amiga sig, of course :-) and it does
  just that, IFF to GIF conversion.

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein   uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
 Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!schein@uunet.uu.net

phil@titan.rice.edu (William LeFebvre) (05/19/88)

In article <254300002@trsvax> johnm@trsvax.UUCP writes:

>> Are there any IFF to GIF conversion programs available for the amiga?

Personally, I would have no use for GIF unless I can get IFF out of it.
In other words, is there a program that does exactly the opposite (maybe
even *gasp* the same program)?!?  GIF to IFF?

>There is an *IBM* program called IFF2GIF available that will do...

Oh yeah, and for my needs I would need it to run on the Amiga side.
If I had such a thing, then I could view all the pretty GIF pictures.

Anyone know anything about GIF?  Were they short-sighted enough to allow
only 32 or 64 colors in the spec?  If it allows 4096 different colors or
more, then we could write a GIF -> HAM!

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University
			<phil@Rice.edu>

kasper@csli.STANFORD.EDU (Kasper Osterbye) (05/20/88)

There are a number of programs that will display GIF files on the screen.
Some one asked for a GIF to IFF converter. I never had to use such a thing
because I have a program that saves a screen image as an IFF file.

(A real useful little example from the TDI-modula compiler - therefore
it might not be PD)

Hopes that will help you.

--KAsper

Kasper Osterbye                                |||  ///   ///|
Internet: kasper@csli.stanford.edu             ||| ///   ///||
UUCP: {backbones..}!csli.stanford.edu!kasper   |||<<<   ///|||
AT&T: (415) 323 9604                           ||| \\\ ///=|||
USMAIL: 2420 Tasso st. #3, Palo Alto CA 94301  |||  \\X//  |||MIGA